a little bit about us
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail's most renowned brands, Narvar works with Patagonia, GameStop, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, and 600+ other brands. With offices in San Francisco, London, and Bangalore, together we've served over 400 million consumers worldwide across 7 billion interactions, 38 countries, and 55 languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
Are you passionate about enabling developers to ship secure code? We're looking for an experienced leader to join us as the Director of Application Security and Compliance and drive the highest standards of enterprise and consumer security across all of our engineering teams.
We're serious about protecting our infrastructure, operations, and most importantly, our customers' data. You will be a crucial addition to the team and will amplify the value of our platform by ensuring that application security is a key tenet in all aspects of the development and deployment of our products. As the leader of the Security team, you care about shipping a secure product by eliminating security risks for Narvar. You will focus on maintaining customer trust through the use of innovative security solutions and ensure that the important work your team is responsible for is prioritized, resourced, and accomplished.
what you'll do
* Collaborate closely with all engineering teams and drive the application security architecture choices made to ensure they conform to best security choices
* Strive to continuously improve security of our infrastructure and web applications
* Partner closely with Product teams to drive the security aspects on the product roadmap
* Evaluate security trends, evolving threats, risks, and vulnerabilities and apply tools to mitigate these risks
* Partner with the pre-sales team to complete customer security questionnaires and address clients' questions related to product and data security
* Ensure compliance with industry, regulatory, and contractual security requirements of all products, customers, and jurisdictions
* Build, manage, and maintain a robust security compliance program that includes SOC2 Type 2, HIPAA, PIPEDA, and GDPR
what we're looking for
* You have a BS/MS in computer science or similar degree
* You have a strong background in technical security design/architecture
* You have 10+ years of experience in multiple disciplines across the security domain and are a Software Engineer at heart
* You have 5+ years experience in web application, network security, and cloud security (AWS or GCP)
* You have an exceptional understanding of security vulnerabilities and common software engineering flaws
* You have experience in evaluating, planning, and implementing compliance initiatives related to security and privacy like SOC2 Type 2, HIPAA, PCI-DSS, GDPR, ISO 27001
* You've partnered with senior leadership on security compliance and have experience managing the implementation or enhancement of security controls across a diverse system
* You excel in an informal and fast-paced startup environment with a flat organizational structure and can provide credible hands-on management to highly qualified engineers
* You have experience coaching and mentoring engineers and engineering managers
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Narvar is a platform of shipping and delivery solutions for retailers.