Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Digital Projects Senior Analyst, English Language Programs - Center for Intercultural Education and Development
Georgetown University CIED (Center for Intercultural Education and Development) has been recognized as a leader in educational exchange programs for people around the world ranging from youth to senior business and public policy officials. The English Language Programs, funded by the U.S. Department of State (DOS), sends experienced U.S. TESOL professionals to educational institutions on short- and long-term assignments in all regions of the world. Short-term participants, Specialists, and long-term participants, Fellows, are cultural ambassadors who promote English language learning and mutual understanding through cultural exchange. The Center for Intercultural Education and Development (GU/CIED) at Georgetown University is the current administrator of English Language Programs.
The Digital Projects Senior Analyst is a key member of the English Language Programs (ELP) team. The primary responsibility of this position is to monitor the efficient, effective, and secure functioning of all digital projects related to the work of the three ELP units: Outreach, Fellows, and Specialists.
The Digital Projects Senior Analyst oversees, in close collaboration with the ELP managers and directors, the development of annual updates, periodic enhancements, ongoing maintenance, and quick response problem-solving for all ELP digital systems, which include but are not limited to the program's online application and proposal portal, website, Community of Practice (COP), and Salesforce CRM.
The Digital Projects Senior Analyst's duties include but are not limited to:
Digital Systems Project Management
* Performs project management duties, as assigned, for all ELP digital projects, including, but not limited to, the application/proposal portal, Community of Practice, website, Salesforce CRM, to support and engage ELP applicants, participants, alumni, institutional partners, GU/CIED staff, and DOS stakeholders. * Monitors digital activity to ensure the efficient and effective functionality of all areas of the system, for all user roles. * Works closely with GU/CIED team managers and directors, DOS officers, and digital vendors in identifying needs, establishing project specifications, and finding creative and cost-effective solutions, in particular to develop and implement ideas for ELP Outreach (recruitment, alumni engagement, and program visibility). * Acts as project manager or co-project manager, for annual updates, ongoing maintenance, and ad hoc enhancements, for all digital systems, as assigned, communicating program requirements to the contracted system developer, facilitating meetings with stakeholders, ensuring timely and effective delivery, and performing other project management duties, as needed. * Facilitates the testing of updates and enhancements, coordinating with project stakeholders for their approval, following their own testing. * Performs platform changes that can be made by staff users, or facilitates this work by ELP colleagues (e.g. new page creation, relabeling of objects, periodic system updates, etc.) * Ensures that system documentation, written by digital vendors and staff, is kept current and is easy to access and use. * Manages help desk email accounts and processes, assisting users (GU/CIED staff, applicants, DOS officers, U.S. Embassy staff, etc.) with questions and problems. * Prepares periodically scheduled and ad hoc reports, as directed, utilizing all available and relevant analytics, regarding the development and functional effectiveness of ELP digital systems.
Vendor Contracts, Accounts, and Relations
* Implements vendor maintenance, quality control management and oversight of change control, at the direction of the ELP managers and directors. * Manages contracts with digital vendors selected for the development and maintenance of the digital platforms. * Creates, reviews, and scores RFPs/bids to mitigate security risks introduced by new technology relationships. * Maintains all the subscriptions needed to run the program systems. * Processes all invoices from IT vendors. * Monitors all vendor accounts to update security certificates, perform periodic upgrades, etc.
Cybersecurity, continuity and compliance
* Maintains and reviews IT/cybersecurity policies and practices for vendor and user relationships to identify risk and to ensure systems are secure. * Maintains situational awareness and understanding of current cybersecurity threats, in particular those that relate to the DOS relationship with users and key stakeholders. * Monitors University-wide IT requirements to keep staff and vendors informed of policies to ensure compliance for all systems. * Maintains current knowledge of all requirements for federal grants regarding IT projects, including design and branding guidelines. * Develops, documents, and conducts Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for creating new user accounts, operating program IT systems, training staff, and other key functionalities. * Maintain up-to-date super-admin and end-user level familiarity with the digital platforms utilized by the ELP digital projects, including, but not limited to Symfony, Drupal, WordPress, and Salesforce. * Leads the creation and maintenance of a disaster recovery and business continuity plans
* Works with UIS to troubleshoot any issues on ELP admin email accounts, including security breaches and spamming and leads risk assessment efforts. * Facilitates operation of ELP laptops and tablets. * Works with UIS to troubleshoot any issues on ELP admin email accounts, e.g. security breaches, spamming. * Backstops team members while they are out of the office. * Takes on temporary duties when team members leave their positions. * Participates in the onboarding and training process of new team members. * Travels to program outreach events in the U.S. and abroad, as needed. * Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree * Experience with project management and strategic planning * Experience working with teams to create new processes and procedures * Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment * Ability to understand, synthesize, and conceptualize input and requests from multiple stakeholders * Ability to independently establish objectives, plan, direct, and evaluate all aspects of work projects * Outstanding interpersonal oral and written communications skills with ability to interact and communicate technical concepts in a positive manner with a diverse clientele, including universities, membership organizations, ELP candidates and government employees * Demonstrated effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless stakeholder service * Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google software applications
* Preference for alumnus or alumna of the U.S. Department of State English Language Fellow or Specialist Programs * Experience working with federally funded exchange programs and/or educational programs * Experience working with vendors and reviewing their security practices * Experience working with IT governance documentation including identifying gaps between policy/procedure and current practice * Knowledge of technology trends and developments
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.