At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We're all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Discover is looking for a talented, enthusiastic and proactive individual who will be responsible for the provisioning and management of test data within a SAFe Agile Release Train, primarily supporting the System Team and where required the Scrum Teams. In collaboration with the Application Architects and Product Managers, the QE Architect will assist in driving to deliver a fully automated development lifecycle focused on delivering a platform capable of full automation between the development and production environments.
Candidate will support our internal software developers, QA Testers, database architects, data analysts on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
Candidate will be responsible to use our internal TDM tool to generate Data as per business needs and also self-motivated to automate the TDM tool process. The hire will be having knowledge of connecting the TDM tools to different applications via API calls.
From the outset of the project, leads in collaboration with the other stakeholders and management, devises the test objectives, organizational test policies, test strategies, and test plans for the project.
* Test Data subject matter expert supporting the Quality Architect.
* Responsible for overall test data strategy, design, implementation and it's timely amendment and delivery
* Ownership of Test data required to support all Functional Integration and Non-Functional Testing conducted by the ART System Team
* Analyze, Design, Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
* Assemble large, complex data sets and data model that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
* Identify, design, and implement Test Data process improvements that involve automating manual processes of existing Test Data Generation, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
* Actively contributes and participates in all Agile ceremonies such as iteration planning, story grooming, daily standups, and retrospective meetings.
* Manage quality/test data challenges at the team level providing guidance, training, technical support and where necessary mentoring individuals.
* Work with stakeholders including the Scrum Teams, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
* Keep our data separated and secure from external sources
* Work with our internal TDM tool and help to automate the TDM tool process and data generation models.
* Required to undergo frequent training within our TDM tools based on business demands and optimize the data generation process.
* Work with API connectivity model to connect the TDM tool with our different internal applications.
* Assists in the timely resolution of quality/test challenges at the team level, providing guidance, training, technical support, and where necessary, mentoring individuals.
* Sends the status report (Daily, Weekly, etc.) to the Test Manager. Reviews reports prepared by Testers.
* Prepares the agendas for meetings, for example, weekly team meeting etc. Frequent status-checks meetings with the team, communicates by means of chat/emails etc. Tracks and reports upon testing activities, including testing results, test case coverage, required resources, defects discovered, and their status, performance baselines, etc. Attends the regular test-team meetings.
* Leads, guides, and monitors the analysis, design, implementation, and execution of the test cases, test procedures, and test suites. Ensures content and structure of all testing documents/artifacts is documented and maintained. Assigns tasks to all testing team members and ensures that all of them have sufficient work in the project. Acts as the single point of contact between Development and Testers for iterations, testing, and deployment activities. Reviews System, Integration, and User Acceptance Tests prepared by testers. Ensures proper configuration management of the test artifacts produced and traceability of the tests to the requirements. Recognizes when test automation is appropriate and, if it is, plan the effort, select the tools, and ensure training of the team. As test execution approaches, makes sure the test environment is put into place before test execution and managed during test execution. Schedules the tests for execution and then monitors, measures, controls, and reports on the test progress, the product quality status, and the test results, adapting the test plan and compensating as needed to adjust to evolving conditions.
* Plans, monitors, and controls the testing activities and tasks. Provides input into the estimation of the testing effort. Prepares the software test plan. Analyzes requirements during the requirements analysis phase of projects. Keeps track of the requirements from the project and manages Change of Scope (COS). Schedules the project effort in conjunction with the PMO. Checks for timely delivery of project milestones. Arranges the hardware and software requirement for the test setup. Escalates the issues about project requirements (Software, Hardware, Resources) to the Project Manager/Test Manager. Identifies training requirements and forwards it to the Project Manager (Technical and Soft skills). Documents, implements, monitors, and enforces all processes and procedures for testing as per established standards defined by the organization.
At a minimum, here's what we need from you:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
* 4+ years leading software testing teams utilizing Agile delivery methods.
* In lieu of degree, 6+ years of experience leading software testing teams utilizing Agile delivery methods within the Payments industry
* ISTQB Foundation
If we had our say, we'd also look for:
* 6+ years of relevant hands-on test automation experience.
* Strong Testing experience background with Cards and Payments domain
* Advanced working knowledge on any Test data Generation tools.
* Exposure in Testing APIs and API Integrations.
* Experience in a test data management and complex Data file formats (including Fixed Length, XML, JSON, DB.)
* A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
* Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases.
* Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
* Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets, data models.
* Applied knowledge of Agile Scrum and SAFe.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Self-motivated, Team motivator and Team player
* Solid understanding of Distributed application infrastructure.
* Exposure to modern software testing practices including but not restricted to Test Automation, Test First, TDD, ATDD and BDD.
* Experience of supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
* Awareness of emerging trends in software engineering.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.