Intrapreneurship is defined as creating from within, starting something from nothing. And it is at the heart of the people at Rightpoint. We are a values-led intrapreneurial organization. We're driven by innovation, rooted in technology and relentlessly curious. We love the creativity involved in taking a blank screen and blinking cursor and making it something amazing. With intrapreneurship in our DNA, we're able to move quickly to build unique, innovative customer experiences that evolve the way our clients do business.
Are you someone who wants to create change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we're searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
Rightpoint is the largest independent customer experience agency with technology at our core, and 350 employees across 8 U.S. offices. We create seamless digital experiences driven by insight, strategy, technology and design. Rightpoint serves more than 250 Fortune 1,000 companies with strategy, site design and development, content, CRM, commerce, BI and cloud infrastructure.
And the industry is taking notice:
* Crain's Chicago Fast Fifty of "Fastest Growing Companies," 2014 - 2017
* "Top 100 Workplaces in Chicago" by the Chicago Tribune, 2014-2016
* EY Entrepreneur of The Year® Award, Co-founders Ross Freedman & Brad Schneider: 2015 Midwest Dual Finalists
* One of the "Most Promising Companies in America" by Forbes in 2014
The Site Reliability Engineer/ Sr Site Reliability Engineer will serve as a technical lead for Rightpoint's Digital Operations Services practice. The DevOps engineer will be responsible for supporting and optimizing enterprise applications within Microsoft Azure, O365, Amazon Web Services, and Rackspace. The Site Reliability Engineer needs to have the aptitude to lead the management of solutions delivered on public Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS).
The Site Reliability Engineer will have organizational and delivery responsibility. He/She will have technical leadership responsibilities for the Rightpoint Digital Operations NOC/DevOps team.
* Provide technical leadership for Rightpoint Digital Operations Support Team and Cloud Infrastructure Teams
* Support and integration of Cloud Infrastructure solutions including Virtual Machines, cloud services and virtual network configurations
* Support and optimization of Highly Available solutions in multiple environments such as Azure Load Balancing services, Active Directory Federation Services and Web Application Proxy configurations
* Apply security fundamentals and best practices in the design and implementation of solutions
* Provide technical insight for the management, operations, and support of cloud solutions post implementation
* Collaborate with internal Application Development team as well as our clients to implement consistent Development and Production environment leveraging DevOps best practices
* Provide technical guidance for onboarding new environments into managed services with an end to end solution focus
* Act as a technical escalation for troubleshooting complex issues
* Act as an incident manager
* A minimum of 5+ years progressive IT experience
* Experience with management platforms such as SCCM, SCOM, OMS, Application Insights, New Relic
* Experience with PowerShell and advanced scripting languages
* Hands-on knowledge of the Microsoft stack of technologies
* Working knowledge of network security and compliance is preferred (encryption, security audit)
* Working knowledge of Networking (VPN, firewalls, switching, load balancers, DNS, CDN)
* Exceptional documentation skills and attention to detail for documentation (design documentation, processes/procedures, environment diagrams, etc.) Focus on making yourself and those around you great.
* Motivation with an emphasis on team performance.
* Eagerness to learn and work outside your technology comfort zone.
* Ability to be self-motivated, independent, and detail-oriented.
* Exhibit exceptional relationship management skills.
* Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Knowledge of sound business practices and a proven track record of anticipating and exceeding customer expectations.
* Act as a technical escalation engineer for troubleshooting complex issues
* Act as an incident manager
Nice to haves
* Consulting experience a plus
* Microsoft Azure experience a plus
* DevOps (CI/CD) experience a plus
* Exposure to other Cloud technologies (Microsoft, AWS, Rackspace, O365)
* Experience with Continuous Integration, Configuration Management, Automation tools and methodologies (Azure DevOps, Chef, TeamCity, Octopus, DSC)
* Experience with web delivered technologies (IIS, Sitecore, Episerver, SharePoint)
* Experience with virtualization solution architecture including Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware is a plus
* ITIL Foundations and understanding of IT Service Management
Bachelor's or Associate's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field.
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint
* Flexible Time Off + Paid Holidays
* Casual Dress (when in the office; when at a client site, we need to mirror their dress code)
* Flexible Work Schedule
* Great Health Coverage
* Medical - 4 plans to choose from!
* Life/AD&D/Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
* Flexible Spending (Dependent & Healthcare)
* Transportation/Parking Pre-Tax Benefits
* 401k with Company Matching
* Weekly Snack/Drink delivery
* Regular Happy Hours and social events including: Volunteering, Game Nights, Basketball, 5K runs, golf outings, team sports, etc.
* Catered Lunches
* Open Office Environment
* Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
Recruiters, we appreciate your services however we will reach out to you if we need help with our search.
We're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and are therefore proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
This is a full time, salaried position. For more information, visit www.rightpoint.com.
Rightpoint is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services that allows Rightpoint to verify the employment eligibility of our employees. Based on the information provided by you on your Form I-9, Rightpoint will input that information into E-Verify which will confirm your information in DHS and Social Security Administration (SSA) databases. Your continued employment with Rightpoint is contingent upon an "Employment Authorized" result for you from the E-Verify system
APPLICANTS MUST BE PERMANENTLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S.. WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME