McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
At Capital One, we're looking for self-starters, who can work independently and collaborate across teams to deliver technically sound engineering solutions that will be instrumental to the advancement and maintenance of Capital One's DevOps Pipelines and Public Cloud Infrastructure. As part of the engineering team, you will specialize in helping Capital One's Card Tech Application teams drive efficiency and reliability into their Development to Operations Delivery lifecycle. While embedding with teams, you will strategize, consult, and prototype alongside other engineers to implement best practices and solutions for applications utilizing CI/CD and the Cloud. You will evangelize infrastructure automation, cloud solutions in AWS, and display a strong understanding of Cloud-as-a-Service varieties: PaaS, IaaS, and SaaS.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
* Ability to plan and lead an engagement with an application team adopting DevOps and Cloud solutions
* Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios while continuously improving software engineering practices.
* Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies.
* Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions.
* Ability to clearly articulate and explain complex concepts and technologies to a non-technical audience
* Ability to function in a rapidly evolving environment and adapt to frequent transitions in technologies and teams
* Strong analytical, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills are necessary due to the dynamic nature of collaborations with customers, vendors, and other engineering teams, solving complex system problems together
* Design and develop automation workflows, performing unit tests and conducting reviews to make sure your work is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for platform performance, and assessing the overall quality of delivered components
* In this role you can expect to be exposed to tools such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure just to name a few.
* Bachelor's degree or Military Experience
* At least 2 years of experience as a team leader
* At least 3years of experience developing applications using Agile XP frameworks
* At least 2 years developing applications and solutions utilizing Continuous Integration & Delivery Pipelines
* At least 2 years developing automation workflows and routines using Open Source Tools i.e. Jenkins
* At least 2 years of experience with Python and Groovy
* At least 2 years of experience with GitHub or Artifactory
* AWS Certified Professional Level
* 3+ years using Deployment Management Tools such as Chef, Ansible, or Terraform
* 3+ years of experience with large-scale software implementation (high transaction volume, high-availability concepts)
* 1+ year of experience with Docker Container, ECS, or Kubernetes
* 2+ years of experience building with infrastructure-as-code tools like CloudFormation and Terraform
At this time Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.