Job Location: Remote
Join our team
Centric Consulting is not the typical consulting company. We live our core values and bring them with us in all we do for our clients and community. Our core purpose is simple: every day we strive to provide unmatched customer and employee experiences and foster a culture of respect, diversity, and transparency. It's this culture, our people, and delivery that come together to make Centric a trusted advisor to local businesses.
Our Cloud and DevOps team is expanding quickly! As a member of a growing team, you will have the opportunity to help shape our practice by not only participating in client work but also contributing thought leadership both inside and outside Centric Consulting. Our team is a great fit for someone who likes to be both hands-on and dream bigger picture. We're looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our growing team.
In this role, you will:
* Focus on getting things done based on an existing plan, in a mix of hands-on and coordination
* Perform deployments, establish processes and recommendations, coordinate requests for access and connectivity with the client team, and work with scripting databases and permissions
* Develop tools to assist in automation of application deployments and monitoring of production environments
* Build cloud infrastructure and migrating systems to the cloud
A successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
* Create unmatched experiences, for both clients and employees, is what we do. You should revel in doing the unexpected and extraordinary for others.
* Experience standing up and configuring release automation tools (e.g. Jenkins, TeamCity)
* Experience using containers and container orchestration tools (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
* Experience using scripting languages (Ruby, Python, etc), configuration management tools (Git, SVN, TFS, etc.) and command execution frameworks
* Experience using Infrastructure as Code tools (Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
* Knowledge of cloud infrastructure environments (e.g. AWS, Azure)
What makes Centric different?
* Special Culture - Our people make us different. We have highly talented, intelligent individuals across a broad variety of disciplines - who are eager to learn from you and share their own expertise. We embrace fresh perspectives and each other. Don't take our word for it - check us out on Glassdoor, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to get a glimpse inside what makes us different.
* Growth opportunities - As a mid-size firm, there is more flexibility when it comes to career paths. Figure out what you want to do and we'll help you figure out how to get there.
* Impact - We think of ourselves as a big company with a small company feel - a local player with global reach that combines business, technology and industry expertise.
* Unmatched Experiences - We are allowed to be ourselves here. We are encouraged to be human. It's at the root of who we are as a firm and why we're here.
* Innovation - We value passion, determination, perseverance, and innovation. We are inspired because we believe in what we are doing and where we are going.
* Passion for the greater good - We are steadfast in our devotion to the communities we serve and in actively promoting employee involvement in community improvement projects.
Centric believes the best solutions come from diverse teams. We strive to have an environment where everyone has an opportunity to be successful regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.