Our Health and Benefits business helps large and mid-size clients control health and welfare plan costs, improve health outcomes and promote employee engagement through broad-based, state-of-the-art interventions. We provide solutions encompassing creative plan design, vendor evaluation and management, pricing and funding strategies, data analytics, valuation support, compliance and governance strategies. We also provide Specialty consulting services including clinical/health management program design, pharmacy solutions, disability/absence management strategies and claims audit services. Product based solutions such as our pharmacy purchasing coalition round out our broad-based suite of offerings.
The DevOps team, within the Health and Benefits business at WTW, offers the unique opportunity for our team members to work in a close-knit community with the backing of an established and rapidly expanding business.
We have the resources to get you what you need to automate, create, monitor, dig in and solve.
What we need is your expertise to keep all of these parts working together.
You will solve challenging technical problems, identify areas of efficiencies and lead improvements, and work on solving real-world technical and process challenges. The DevOps team has the capability of working with and experiencing many sides of the business, a truly unique position allowing you to grow your skills in various areas.
* Cloud adoption and migration
* Support and maintain infrastructure regarding hosted solutions.
* Incident management and resolution.
* Security and technology support.
* Client service delivery support as required and applicable to domain knowledge expertise areas.
* Application performance management.
To achieve this, you will need to:
* Respond to and resolve production issues.
* Develop Azure cloud-based and internal tools and processes to maintain stability and performance of our infrastructure.
* Build, maintain, and troubleshoot several internal applications.
* Act as subject-matter expert regarding DevOps related areas, tools and processes both in Azure cloud as well as on premise environments.
* Gather, analyze, and report important IT system data.
* Provide feedback to technical community regarding the status of various IT systems.
* Develop and manage product-related IT procedures.
* Develop and document infrastructure standards.
* Provide product-related IT training.
* Plan and successfully complete IT projects and goals.
* Automate repetitive tasks.
* Help define and establish common and advanced system administration functions.
* Present clearly to personnel on varying levels of topics related to job duties.
* Versed in researching technologies and trends regarding strategies to support future work and projects.
* Works on multiple, complex issues/projects as a technical leader and the subject matter expert.
* Continuously evaluating DevOps Engineer related areas and processes regarding efficiencies and risk.
* Minimum 5-7+ years of high-tech industry and/or IT work experience in product engineering, development and/or support functions.
* Minimum 3 years as a DevOps engineer in Azure
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or equivalent work experience.
* Strong command in Microsoft VS 2015-2017, deployment automation & orchestration and continuous integration and other DevOps tools (e.g., VSTS, TFS, VSOL)
* Experience in application and data migration to the Azure Cloud with practical experience with migration tools
* Experience with database release management tools both on premise and in Azure
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to produce usable and maintainable documentation.
* Proficient with standard IT concepts, practices, and procedures.
* Intermediate programming background.
* IT scripting knowledge.
* Ability to execute research projects and generate practical results and recommendations.
* Design and implement architecture to support scalable and highly available systems with automation and disaster recovery
* Implement and manage system diagnostics and alert
* Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and zero-defect mentality.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or assistance.
* Strong problem solving skills: innovation, collaboration, analysis, inductive reasoning.
* Good understanding of business processes and IT systems.
* Solid experience with Microsoft/Windows environments (e.g. Microsoft operating systems, Microsoft technologies).
* Solid experience regarding the Microsoft development/technology stack (e.g. .NET, Team Foundation Server).
* Experience\knowledge working in an agile environment a plus.
* Experience\knowledge IT networking related field a plus.
* Strong interpersonal, time management, project management, and conflict resolution skills.
* Proficiency in presentation of technical and business subjects to technical and non-technical audiences.
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas - the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.