Position: DevOps Engineer, Application Delivery
Location: Irvine, Ca / Dubai, UAE
FLSA Classification: Exempt
DevOps Engineer is a new role within Agility's Global Integrated Logistics (GIL) Division to drive software development improvements by the promotion of DevOps practices, and procedures, as well by being a key member one of our Agile teams in an Agile project team role. These Agile teams are working with each other, senior management, internal stakeholders, and our in house development center in the delivery of our new Ops Transactional Platform, as well the delivery of other key digitization programs.
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for working with GIL's Operational Transformation Organization, IT, Infrastructure, and other internal functional teams (ie. Quality, Finance, Sales/Commercial stakeholders) to: analyze current software development efforts, institute DevOps practices and procedures into our software development efforts in partnership with Senior Management and internal stakeholders, develop/communicate the software's vision, roadmap of required features, support the product's requirements backlog, engage in Sprint/Epic planning activities, work with Product Owner to determine release timelines, and serve as a liaison between business needs and technical considerations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Work closely with developers to analyze current working practices, and institute DevOps practices to enhance software practices
* Collaborate on ways to advance concepts such as Continuous Testing, Continuous Deployment, and Continuous Integration into our various software development initiatives
* Develop models to report out on issues/bugs and collaborate with cross functional stakeholders, and other Agile teams, into how to resolve these issues.
* Ensure all cross Agile team requirements are aligned to ensure all teams are moving in concert with each other in the course of delivering working software to internal customers.
* Agile Support
* Provide functional/Agile team input to various work streams based on documented requirements and approach agreed with finance team
* Help design the future business processes, providing "next level" details to business requirements. Assists in co-ordinating specifications for the IT team - Works with Business Analysts on other Agile teams to represent the business view in developing detailed business and/or systems requirements through face-to-face meetings and video conference sessions
* Conducts hands-on system testing as part of our Agile efforts
* Supports management of Product Backlog, Sprints, Epics
* Host/Facilitate software review -- Participates in frequent software review sessions (e.g. monthly) to make sure the software operates per agreed requirements
* Release Management
* Participate in country implementations and gap analysis, training sessions and user engagements.
* Help to define future guidelines and procedures for Operational functions and related processes as well as necessary system set ups
* 5-10 years of experience in software development, with an emphasis on complex transactional systems.
* Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent required; MBA/Masters in the same/equivalent preferred
* Proficiency in the following areas:
* Front end: jQuery, Angular/TypeScript or similar (e.g. React/Vue, ES6+)
* Back end: .NET, aspx (Visual Basic / C# / ?) or similar (e.g. Node/Express)
* Testing: TDD, Continuous Integration (Jenkins or similar), Continuous Deployment, DevOps, Microservices
* VCS: git
* Culture: Agile/Scrum
* PM Tools: Confluence, JIRA, Trello
* Working knowledge of and participation in large scale Agile initiatives using frameworks such as SAFe is preferred, but not essential.
* Strong process orientation and analytical skills- ability to analyze and document requirements
* Ability to drive projects and timelines and work under pressure
* Accustomed to working in fast-paced and dynamic environments
* Positive "can-do" attitude
* High integrity, objectivity, and independency
* Strong soft skills - communication, collaboration, team work, cultural sensitivity Problem solving with a proactive approach
* Team player with ability to work with cross-functional, cross cultural teams and all levels of management
* Ability to travel domestically and internationally at a high frequency - expect a minimum of one week of travel a month;
TIME & TRAVEL COMMITMENTS
Minimum travel of up to 25% to attend workshops and various meetings.
English: this position requires strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment and on all levels.
WORK HOURS AND ENVIRONMENT
Normal working hours for this position will be defined. However, the position will require beyond normal working hours to support business needs due to team locations in different time zones.
STATEMENT OF NON-INCLUSIVITY:
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position.