Alternate Locations: Dover, NH (New Hampshire); Omaha, NE (Nebraska)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas - Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection - focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer's lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $253 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2017.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees' futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
This Developer position will consult, analyze and deliver on more complex application development assignments/projects for the Outbound File & Custom Reporting Team within Group Protection IT Customer Onboarding. S/he will develop more complex innovative business solutions by creating new applications, modifying existing applications and providing post production support. This is a great opportunity to join a high performing agile team, serve as team lead/subject matter expert, and drive technical/architectural decisions.
* Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with team to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
* Champions and enhances organizational initiatives and process improvements by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
* Serves as a subject matter expert/leader to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders (where appropriate) on more complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
* Identifies and recommends process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
* Analyzes, designs, codes, debugs, integrates and tests increasingly complex software application solutions for systems.
* Determines how existing applications, systems, databases, interfaces and/or hardware can interact to meet new and emerging enterprise initiatives.
* Researches, develops, implements and maintains increasingly complex business application solutions.
* Identifies innovative application solutions by understanding increasingly complex business/technical problems and opportunities.
* Analyzes increasingly complex systems specifications of existing programs to determine requirements.
* Documents increasingly complex programs and procedures.
* Creates increasingly complex technical specifications from business requirements/business specifications.
* Consults and/or participates in the requirements, design and coding walkthroughs to ensure the development of quality solutions.
* Investigates and resolves increasingly complex problems including providing support for production systems in a timely manner.
* Defines detailed development tasks, task dependencies and estimates to complete work.
* 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's) in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems, Information Technology or Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience (Minimum Required)
* 3 - 5+ years' experience in application development that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position (Required)
* Highly proficient in software engineering languages and tools; ability to develop on multiple platforms.
* Strong experience with Microsoft Business Intelligence suite (SQL Stored Procedures and SSIS) is a must
* Experience with layered system architectures and layered solutions; understanding of shared software concepts.
* Experience with Java and Spring Batch is a plus
* Access VBA is a plus
* Strong understanding of unit testing and methodologies, automated testing a plus
* Experience with Atlassian tool suite (Jira, Confluence, Crucible, Bamboo) is a plus
* Knowledge & experience with Microservice architecture is a plus
* Experience working within an Agile Team and understanding of Agile Fundamentals
* General knowledge of Group Protection business is a plus.
* Possess excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills along with can-do attitude
* Ability to analyze information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or solution.
* Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions..
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations.
* Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop collaborative approaches.
* Demonstrates ability to identify and recommend processes improvements.
* Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail.
* Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
* Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
* Strong project management skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
This position may be subject to Lincoln's Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln's current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group ("LFG") is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.
Nearest Major Market: Dover
Job Segment: Business Intelligence, Developer, Information Systems, Computer Science, Application Developer, Technology