General Summary: Responsible for providing a single point of contact for all internal end-users to receive support and maintenance within the organizations desktop computing and telephone system environment. Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC hardware/software and the desktop telephone equipment to ensure optimal user performance. The Desktop Support Technician person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required. In addition, this person will track all issues and resolutions and serve as a back-up to the companys Information Technology team.
* Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of desktop and telephone problems for end-users; recommend and implement corrective solution.
* Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related software, and telephone equipment in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
* Collaborate with the Information Technology team to ensure efficient operation of the companys desktop computing environment and telephone systems.
* Receive and respond to incoming calls and/or e-mails regarding problems with desktop computers and desktop telephone systems.
* Perform moves, additions, and change requests for desktop computers and telephones as they are submitted.
* Provide accurate and timely documentation of all desktop and telephone-related issues and resolutions of such problems.
* Assist in the maintenance of all desktop and telephone equipment inventory.
* Interface with multiple departments and levels of management.
* Provide 24/7 support for critical situations.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
* Travel to Tilson offices throughout the state as necessary.
* Effectively communicate in English.
* Perform additional duties as assigned to support all departments in the company.
* Customer service When the needs of the company or its customers dictate, this job will entail whatever needs to be done that is assigned by a supervisor/manager and is within the employees capability to deliver.
Critical Competencies and Skills:
* Knowledge and experience supporting Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
* Knowledge and experience supporting Microsoft Office Applications.
* Strong Hardware/Software troubleshooting skills.
* Strong problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work in a team with minimal supervision.
* Ability to independently learn new skills and apply the skills in the environment.
* Thrives under pressure. Ability to effectively handle escalations and time-critical issues.
* Remain productive, provide solutions, and meets goals in stressful situations.
* Working knowledge of network protocols and equipment.
* Strong analytical and organization skills.
* Strong communication and client skills are required.
* Self-starter and ability to work independently.
* Schedule flexibility to include on-call rotation and availability on weekends.
* Perform other duties as required by management.
* Two or more years experience within a Help Desk Application Support role.
* Familiar with Help Desk best practices.
* Must be familiar with desktop hardware and operating systems such as Windows 10.
* Must have a deep understanding of technology developed through real-world experience in a variety of settings.
* Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, and DHCP
* Experience with VMWare a plus.
* Experience with Cisco networking and unified communications a plus.
* Experience with Microsoft Exchange and Office 365 a plus.
* Computer Science or Programming degree preferred.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Ability to lift 50 lbs., server chassis and SAN equipment as well as printers may need to be moved to accommodate office moves or equipment replacements, workstation UPS that have failed will need to be swapped.
* Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard.
* Must have the hand/eye coordination necessary to operate office business machines (calculator, phone, fax, copier, etc.) and a personal computer.
* Hearing and speech sufficient to verbally communicate in person and on the telephone.