Overview & Essential Job Functions
The Desktop Support Specialist I is responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software. Responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problems, and determines and implements solutions. This position requires about 10% local travel (to other facilities).
Essential Job Functions:
* Provides technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
* Responds to queries either in person or over the phone.
* Writes training manuals.
* Trains computer users.
* Maintains daily performance of computer systems.
* Responds to email messages for customers seeking help.
* Asks questions to determine nature of problems.
* Walks customers through problem-solving processes.
* Installs, modifies, and repairs computer hardware and software.
* Moves computer equipment.
* Runs diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
* Resolves technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
* Installs computer peripherals for users.
* Follows up with customers to ensure issues have been resolved.
* Gains feedback from customers about computer usage.
* Runs reports to determine malfunctions that continue to occur.
Qualifications & Environmental Demands
* 2-4 year Technical Trade School.
* Minimum of 3 years' experience in a technical support environment.
* Valid Class C driver's license.
* Acceptable driving record.
* Provide quality service to all users in all assigned tasks, while upholding Athens Values at all times.
* Diagnostic and analytical skills for software and general IS application knowledge.
* Strong computer literacy skills with an emphasis on software knowledge, installations and use. Microsoft applications, Data Base applications, Internet and internet protocols.
* Basic computer abilities with the understanding of terminology and functionality.
* Ability to multitask - Sense of urgency; maintain a positive attitude.
* Excellent telephone presence with organized follow-up skills.
* Ability to be proactive and able to take direction and establish ownership of projects.
* Demonstrated networking skills, able to foster strong relationships internally and externally.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong customer focus; service oriented attitude.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality of Company data.
* Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
* Waste and/or Transportation experience.
* Sitting, seeing, hearing, & smelling continuously.
* Problem solving, oral/written communication, analytical ability, calculating, concentration, & interpersonal abilities continuously.
* Eye/hand coordination, fingering (typing), handling, & wrist motion continuously.
* Lifting ≤ 50 Lbs. frequently.
* Bending, reaching, stretching, standing, & walking occasionally.
* Exposure to dust, smoke, fumes, odors, & noise occasionally.
* Exposure to grease, oil, chemicals, & wet conditions occasionally.
* Works inside only. Position considered office only.
* Comprehensive benefit package Medical, Dental, Vision
* 401K & Profit Sharing
* Employee Assistance Program
* Life Insurance
* Paid Vacation and Sick Time
* Recognition programs
* Professional development learning
Athens will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and any other applicable state, federal or local laws. EEO/M/F/disability/veteran