Who Are We
Northwest Cascade, Inc., started out as Cascade Septic Service and was founded in 1967 to install septic systems, side sewers and other underground utilities in Pierce County. These services expanded into numerous other related products and services through the years.
In 1982, the company entered the portable toilet business with the purchase of Redford Honey Buckets. At that time, we had 600 units. Today we own over 30,000 toilets and restroom trailers in five states. That same year we also added the services of septic tank cleaning, plumbing, and drain cleaning for residential and commercial customers in Pierce County. Today, that division is called "FloHawks" and serves customers throughout the Puget Sound area.
Northwest Cascade's three divisions Construction, Honey Bucket, and FloHawks, have all grown and expanded their capabilities and range of services in recent years.
What We Are Looking for
Northwest Cascade has an immediate opening for an IT Desktop Support for a 9:00 am-6:00 pm shift including some on-call weekend coverage. This individual will provide computer, phone and other electronic assistance for users both over the phone and at the local desktop.
* Format, install, set up, maintain, and troubleshoot desktop and laptop computers with and for end users.
* Set up and troubleshoot mobile and desktop phones.
* Configure, test, and troubleshoot network connectivity and wireless access for local and remote computers or devices.
* Add or replace memory, new keyboards, motherboards, and other components.
* Support Windows servers and systems.
* Two years of desktop work experience or IT education required. Current IT students encouraged to apply.
* Communication skills - ability to convey meaning and obtain understanding verbally and in writing.
* Organizational skills - Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to troubleshoot, take initiative, set priorities and handle multiple projects efficiently and effectively.
* People skills - ability to demonstrate effectively in relating to others at all organizational levels.
* Detail oriented - the ability to ensure that all functions are being performed accurately in the best interest of the company.
* Computer skills:
* Basic knowledge of Active Directory
* Basic knowledge of Windows server and systems.
* Basic knowledge of networking and domains
* Basic programming debugging and troubleshooting skills.
* Ability to wok 9:00 AM 6:00 PM and be on-call every other weekend.
* Certification or degree in a technology related field preferred but not required.
Why You Should Work For Northwest Cascade
In addition to competitive pay and union benefits for full-time permanent positions, Northwest Cascade is also committed to the growth and development of its employees' offering on the job training, room for advancement, and a unique Lifelong Learning Program. In return for its employee's commitment and dedication to providing industry leading products and services, Northwest Cascade also reinvests 20% of its annual net profits into employees in the form of performance bonuses and provides supervisors and managers the opportunity to become shareholders.
Job offers made by Northwest Cascade will be contingent upon successful completion of a physical examination, drug screen, and background check, as applicable.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.