HOK is a global design, architecture, engineering and planning firm. With offices around the globe, we create a better world through the design of buildings and spaces that respond to the needs people and the environment. Our designers are rooted in technical excellence, driven by imagination and focused on delivering solutions that inspire clients and communities.
We are currently seeking a Design Technology Manager to join our team. As a Design Technology Manager, you will be responsible for supervising and coordinating the office's Design Technology effort. As well as participating with the firm-wide Design Technology team in developing and maintaining HOK Design Technology standards and techniques.
* Organizes BIM Coordinators and/or Design Technology specialists, and provides direct support to project teams to ensure office-wide end user support.
* Provides proactive support to project teams including, but not limited to, BIM implementation planning, team kick-off, and technology configuration.
* Conducts BIM-based quality control reviews at major project milestones.
* Maintains the regional business unit's Design Technology standards and participates in the firm-wide Design Technology efforts.
* Ensures that configurations and other customizations are complete, in place and limited to those that are supportable and in line with standards and project procedures.
* Provides orientation and training on HOK firmwide standards and guidelines, in the support of design software use.
* Addresses technical issues, with the support of other HOK Design Technology Managers, software vendors, and other resources.
* Maintains current knowledge of design software, industry developments in integrated practice, and other applicable techniques.
* Provide management, training, and/or support to staff in remote offices.
* Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
* Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
* Advanced knowledge in building information modeling programs and applicable techniques.
* Expertise in Revit required, AutoCAD a plus.
* Proficiency in 3D Modeling and analysis software such as Rhino, Navisworks, SketchUp, 3dsMax Design; including the ability to configure these programs.
* Experience with remote computing solutions such as Citrix XenApp preferred.
* Proficiency in MS Office Outlook, Word and Excel required.
* Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Newforma preferred.
* Knowledge about sustainability, integrated design, and LEED guidelines.
* Ability to effectively mentor project staff.
* Ability to effectively meet deadlines and to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Bachelor's degree in architecture, engineering, information technology or a related discipline required.
* 10 years' experience in BIM/3D Modeling with at least 3 years of BIM management and/or support preferred.
* LEED credential required within 6 months of employment.
HOK is a drug-free workplace. HOK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.