Design Technology Manager
Gensler is a global architecture and design firm with tinkerers, craftspeople, visionaries, innovators and thought leaders. We design for people. We leverage our global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. We're not just designers. Fueled by passion and entrepreneurial spirit, our people bring new ideas to solve challenging problems. Whether you're into sketching new ideas, hacking a building or growing client relationships in global markets, there's something here for everyone. Our depth of expertise spans disciplines-from aviation and transportation to education, hospitality, retail, technology and more. Whether we're refreshing a retailer's brand, planning a new urban district or designing a super tall building, we strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient and more impactful.
The South Central Region Design Technology team is searching for a resourceful and enthusiastic manager to join us.
As part of the Design Technology team, the role of a Design Technology Manager is responsible for out Design Technology platforms, processes and implementation across the office. In addition, your focus will be on research, development, and the strategic implementation of computational and generative design across the South Central region. This role will advance the region's computational thinking and application throughout all phases of design projects. In partnership with the Regional Design Technology leadership you will determine the strategy and roadmap for advancement of our regional design technology practice. We are seeking experienced design professionals with a deep knowledge of the entire design and construction process, as well as a curiosity for innovation to join our team.
What You Will Do
* Lead the strategy and implementation for BIM/computational/generative design technology solutions applied on projects throughout the region.
* Integrate computational thinking as part of design story-telling for our design teams.
* Establish cross platforms integration and interoperability from concept to delivery: Digital Fluency.
* Partner with regional leadership to develop the regional strategy for computational design.
* Author / Develop custom computational/generative design solutions for project teams during any required phase of the design process.
* Elevate our computation thinking across the region to promote its application as a design informing mechanism.
* Assess and assemble a BIM studio leadership group, mentor them to become BIM/Revit leaders within their studio/design practice.
* Research, develop and evangelize new Design Technology tools to maintain competitive edge.
* Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent technical training or prior work experience in the building industry.
* 8+ years of related experience working in Architecture or related industries, with detailed knowledge of project processes, milestones and deliverables.
* 3+ years of experience in a leadership level role.
* Expert in computational and parametric design theory and platforms: Dynamo, Grasshopper, Others.
* Knowledge in Visual and Object Oriented Programming, such as: Python, VB.NET, Java, C#, C++.
* Proficiency in design tools, such as: Revit, Rhino, Sketchup, 3ds Max
* An articulate communicator able to convey Design Technology-related concepts to all levels of design and delivery professionals.
* Entrepreneurial spirit that embraces change and constantly seeks out new opportunities to hack the system.
* Punctual, reliable, responsive and positive work ethic with the highest degree of integrity.
* Ability to exercise judgment and discretion and to set priorities and manage competing demands.
Applications we work with
* Design tools - Revit, Rhino, Sketchup, Fusion, FormIt, Autocad, Navisworks
* Visual Programming tools - Dynamo, Grasshopper, etc.
* Visualization tools - Vray, Enscape, 3DSMax, Unreal
* Experiential software - Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Mixed Reality
* Development tools - json, xml, C#, Python
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions and hackathons, to "Well-being Week," our offices reflect our teams' diverse interests.
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm's commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.