Karma Automotive is passionate, responsible and uncompromising.
We promise to deliver our customers beautiful cars with high-technology and clean propulsion, and a memorable customer experience.
If these commitments excite you, we would love to talk.
This position will be part of a team of Design Release Engineers (DRE) working on Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS). DREs are responsible for specification, development, testing & integration of ADAS systems assigned to them. DREs are expected to work in close cooperation with sourced suppliers to ensure system maturity milestones according to vehicle program timing.
This particular DRE role should strengthen the DRE team with competence on radar technology and Sensor Fusion to help the vehicle sense its surroundings and enable semi / fully autonomous functions in a safe manner
* Identify function development opportunities leveraging fusion of radar, camera & ultrasonic sensors
* Develop Functional & Technical specification for these functions leveraging sensor fusion
* Lead the design specification of core fusion system for automated lateral / longitudinal control of vehicle
* Assist with setting architectural design direction to enable scalability and optimization of platform
* Perform an overall system level ISO 26262 functional safety and hazard analysis of the overall system, breaking down safety goals to sensing, decision and actuation system (ASIL level).
* Create RFQs for sensor / platform suppliers. Manage supplier deliverables towards project milestones
* Release the parts/modules responsible for, into BOM system
* Perform Calibration, Functional Testing and Experimental Validation
* Work with suppliers to define the Device transmittal of the module and work with Harness team to define the correct connections
* Test the module electrically on bench and vehicle
* Responsible for complete packaging of the sensors or ECUs (assigned to him) at CAD and actual vehicle level (Electrical connections, Communications, etc.)
* Take CAN logs & analyze data for performance
* Collaborate with cross-functional module groups to ensure proper integration
* Work with CAD team to package the module into the vehicle. Review the CAD 3D Model and GD&T for accuracy
* Support diagnostic team to make sure that the module is compliant to Karma diagnostic requirements.
* Create component test matrix / legs in accordance to Karma DVP&R
* Review the DFMEA/PFMEA with supplier and provide input
* Support SQA in supplier PPAP process
* Support Certification, Safety, and Vehicle Integration Groups
* Work with Karma plant personals to support any activities at the plant such as calibrating the modules and EOL testing process
* Visiting supplier's plant to become familiar with their manufacturing process
* Minimum Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering / Computer Science
* Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
* Good understanding of ADAS System of Systems: System Architecture, Functional and Technical Requirements, Software / Hardware / Sensor specification, Functional Safety & Cyber Security
* Experience with Hardware in the loop systems for development/debugging tasks
* Practical knowledge of CAN bus & Experience using Vector tools such as "CAN-case" & SW packages such as CANoe and CANalyzer.
Experience with Model based design / C++ / embedded software
Come and join the great Karma Team, where you can make a career! Karma Automotive offers a complete benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD; paid vacation, holidays and personal days; and a 401K with matching contributions. Relocation assistance is available.
NO 3rd Party Recruiters. Principles Only, Please
Karma Automotive LLC is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, color, race, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, age, religion, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law. Karma Automotive LLC, complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a disability. Valid driver's license may be required based on essential duties.