Allsteel, an industry leader in office furniture design and manufacturing, and a top brand in the HNI Corporation enterprise, is in search of a Design Applications Specialist to join our team in Muscatine, IA!
As a Design Application Specialist, you will be responsible for providing design and specification services to our internal and external customers and end users. You will apply product knowledge and offer creative design solutions while providing product applications, layouts, and specifications. Services provided on the team include project typical specification, audit services, and design consultations. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the commercial furniture industry, good communications skills, a strong initiative to work in a high-pressure environment, and the ability to manage and meet deadlines with minimal guidance.
Some of the essential aspects of the position include:
* Support technical design requirements such as space planning, typical development, product specifications, and finish selection.
* Utilize CET, AutoCAD, Cap, and Sketchup software applications.
* Develop designs to illustrate and support architectural product solutions - Beyond Movable Walls.
* Utilize value-engineering principles and incorporate information from Tailored Products and Product Development to create and recommend cost-effective, comprehensive design solutions.
* Submit and manage tailored product options for custom applications.
* Interpret sketches, blueprints, and basic drafting principles for product applications.
* Provide sketches, notes, and illustrations/renderings to recommend product applications and visually communicate design intent or product recommendations.
* Complete on-going product training and demonstrate planning directives for Allsteel product solutions.
* Estimate hours, manage time, and multi-task projects to effectively allocate hours per project including tracking, logging, and communicating project status.
* Provide details and information in a quick, clean, and effective manner and demonstrate team services and processes with competency and professionalism.
* Review and interpret RFI, RFQ, and RFP documents to provide product recommendations and specifications for bid responses.
* Provide consultative selling support that promotes relevant and impactful solutions to internal and external customers.
* Collaborate and communicates with other team members.
What it takes:
* Bachelor's degree in Interior Design, Architecture, related field.
* Experience successfully managing multiple projects and deadlines.
* Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
* Experience Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat Pro, Illustrator) preferred.
* 1 or more years of experience in space planning, furniture/walls specification, and/or project management preferred.
* CET, CAD, and/or Sketchup experience preferred.
* NCIDQ and/or LEED certifications preferred.
* Excellent communication and organizational skills.
* Ability to work cross functionally in teams to develop creative materials and proposal responses.
* Demonstrated critical thinking ability, strong organization and multi-tasking skills, with an attention to detail.
* Ability to demonstrate extensive Allsteel product knowledge preferred.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Why HNI Corporation?
HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI), is a $2.3 billion-dollar, global office furniture and hearth product enterprise. Our furniture brands are among the strongest, most widely known in the industry, including HON, Allsteel, Gunlocke, HBF, Maxon, and OFM. The depth and breadth of our brands, the scale and capability of our manufacturing, and the strength of our distribution enables us to provide the best office furniture solutions to meet the needs of every customer.
The fourth largest employer in Iowa, HNI Corporation has been ranked by Industry Week magazine as one of the "Top 100 Best Managed Companies in the World", by Fortune magazine as "The Most Admired Company" in the furniture industry; and named by Chief Executive Magazine as one of the world's best companies for leadership development.
Allsteel, headquartered in Muscatine, Iowa and recently named as an "Iowa Top Workplace", is a leading brand of HNI Corporation. At Allsteel, we believe that our office furniture products should address and solve workplace problems. Our furniture is made to improve productivity, make offices more efficient, increase comfort and make day-to-day tasks that much easier. We've worked collaboratively with some of America's leading designers, including Mitch Bakker, Bruce Fifield, Marcus Koepke, and BMW Group DesignworksUSA. Our product work often wins awards from the Industrial Designers Society of America, the International Interior Design Association, the American Institute of Architects, and Best of NeoCon, and is frequently recognized by design and architectural magazines.
We invite you to visit us at www.HNICorp.com for the best visual overview of our organization.