Purpose of Job:
The main function of a DAS Deployment Engineer is to provide pre/post Benchmark collection and processing to support sales requests. The candidate should have basic WIFI knowledge to be able to be trained to perform Airmagnet AP Verification and Walk testing. The candidate will be required to provide Installation Support, Installer training, Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS)/Small Cell Commissioning and Walk testing and DAS/Small Cell/ Integration. Work collaboratively with clients to meet contractual obligations in a subject matter expert support role and manage client expectations to ensure that product and service deployments are successfully completed on time and meet technical, business and operational expectations. Monitor and drive throughout the project lifecycle to established implementation milestones, and participate in client status calls to ensure that projects remain on schedule. Ensure deployment engineering activities meet corporate client satisfaction objectives as well as internal and external SLAs.
* Provide post-sales engineering implementation services such as requirement definitions and implementation plans, end to end system designs, equipment staging, configuration creation and testing, and solution deployment of varying types of software and/or hardware network solution deployments spanning geographical separation.
* Proactively assess solution specifications in light of changing customer requirements, and recommend solution changes that optimize value for both the client and BBOX organization.
* Prepare documentation for internal and external clients detailing system designs and configuration of deployed solutions.
* Develop and maintain professional and productive relationships with clients, infrastructure vendors such as ISPs and Carrier Services, software & hardware vendors and related key contributors to ensure stable and quality product & service delivery consistent with company objectives and client expectations.
* Provide technical overview of product architecture, functionality, system / data requirements, service delivery and integration with enterprise applications.
* Continuously expand, research and leverage knowledge of market and industry trends and benchmarking to identify, recommend and implement best practices, methodologies and relevant analytics.
* Continuously develop and enhance knowledge, skills and abilities through various learning channels to expand technical and non-technical capabilities. Ensure further expansion of skill-set in the operating systems, networking infrastructure and products & services that BBOX supports.
* Meet all financial performance objectives for area of responsibility and take corrective action as needed.
* Implement and make recommendations to improve methodologies, core competencies and processes for deployment engineering to ensure stable and quality product & service delivery consistent with company objectives and client expectations.
* Maintain and enhance a strong client service-oriented environment focused on problem prediction, detection and resolution. Proactively identify and remove barriers to meeting client expectations. Provide timely documentation of issues, action plan and outcome. Achieve all client satisfaction objectives and internal and external SLAs.
* Actively and consistently recommend and support all efforts to improve, simplify, automate and enhance day to day service delivery operations and the client experience.
* Foster and contribute toward collaborative working relationships within NACS operations and across all levels and departments of the organization to execute deployment engineering functions and company priorities.
* Achieve performance targets established by leadership for applicable Key Performance Indicators.
* Perform other duties as assigned by management.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent, relevant experience.
* Minimum of 3 years with of engineering deployment responsibilities involving complex client requirements assessment, solutions design and implementation within the technology services industry. Experience with Managed Service Provider environment preferred.
* Hands on experience with Commscope, JMA/Teko, ADRF and Corning DAS Products, working knowledge of Anritsu Sweep/Spectrum analyzer and PIM gear. It is also desired the candidate understand and have working knowledge of test transmitters and receivers.
* Exposure to iBwave navigation and the ability to pull cable routing reports and be able to navigate using iBwave and or CAD drawings
* End-to-end process thinker, with proven experience in business processes and workflow design.
* Excellent problem solving and systems analysis skills with demonstrated success in root cause analysis, effectiveness measurements and related documentation.
* Demonstrated experience of continuously expanding and leveraging knowledge of technology, market and industry trends with success in identifying, recommending and implementing best practices and methodologies.
* Ability to work effectively across all functional groups to optimize product & service offerings, fostering a seamless internal and external client experience and track record of timely and accurate issue resolution.
* Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook, SharePoint, ERP, AutoCAD, service delivery management tools such as ServiceNow and related cloud based technology systems.
* Ability to handle physical demands of the job and to use basic hand tools such as drills and screw drivers.