* Establishes data management systems, standards, requirements, guidelines and quality assurance for data deliverables, such as conceptual design and architecture, logical database, capacity planning, external data interface specification, data loading plan, data maintenance plan and security policy.
* Specific responsibilities include working with clients to translate business requirements into a logical model that will accurately support and represent the client's entity relationship and flow of data including: developing the appropriate data framework to convert the logical model into a physical model including the creation and maintenance of schemas containing windows, screens, tables and columns and reports that support the model; and making recommendations to maximize operating efficiency, support storage requirements and vendor software updates, enforce data governance, ensure recovery is maintained.
* Provides an end-to-end vision of how enterprise data should be modeled to promote accessibility, sharing, integration, consistency, and quality.
* Must understand and be able to create logical design that will translate into one or more physical databases and how the data will flow through the successive stages.
* Provides insight, feedback, and participation in data governance processes.
* Provides advanced technical knowledge and analysis of data migration, data analysis, data harmonization, data integration, data standardization, data profiling, data stewardship, data governance, metadata management, and implementation advice for complex enterprise-level initiatives and challenges.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelors and nine (9) years or more related experience; Masters and seven (7) or more related experience.
* Experience with MS Office Applications (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
* Experience developing, analyzing and reporting sustainment metrics
* Solid understanding of networks, GUI design and implementation, excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills.
* Multi-tasking skills
* Self-starter with the ability to make decisions using critical thinking
* Experience with Visual Basic.
* Experience with Microsoft SQL.
* Previous experience mentoring/leading teams
* Candidate must currently possess and be able to maintain an Active Secret.
* US Citizen required
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability