Job Summary: This is a senior position responsible for the implementation and support of production, development, fail-over, and disaster recovery environments for enterprise-level database environments
Department Specific Job Responsibilities:
* Make IMS PSB changes and PSB/ACB Gens, including DBCTL requirements for online PSBs; make IMS DBD chances and Gens, including DBCTL requirements for databases allocated to CICS regions.
* Diagnose and/or resolve issues with IMS Change Accumulation processing; find and resolve issues with DBRC or IRLM Locks using IMS Utility Jobs, including free-standing backouts
* Programs and test software for a variety of Patient Billing systems and follows a structure implementation process to apply these enhancements.
* When not performing IMS tasks, perform programmer analyst duties as it relates to Patient Financial Services including: perform analysis and develop solutions; responsible for all phases of development life cycle from problem definition to implementation with heavy emphasis on analysis, programming, testing and implementation.
* Collaborates with management and personnel from server, storage, and application support teams, as well as other groups within Information System and the medical center.
* Design, set up, document and monitor database backup procedures
* Participate in Disaster Recovery planning and testing
* Participate in application and database planning and implementation in conjunction with the applications team, departments, vendors, and the project team
* Works with technical staff to implement database software new releases and upgrades as well as managing the physical structure of the database subsystem
* Bachelor's degree required.
* 5-8 years related work experience required.
* Strong skills in database high availability, backup and recovery techniques
* Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
* Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
* Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
* Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
* Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
* Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
* Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
* Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally