Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
We are a nonprofit academic healthcare organization serving the diverse Los Angeles community and beyond. With groundbreaking medical research achievements, education programs defining the future of healthcare, and wide-ranging community benefit activities, we're setting new standards for quality and innovation in patient care.
The Enterprise Information Services (EIS) team at Cedars-Sinai understands that true clinical transformation and the optimization of a clinical information systems implementation is fueled through the alignment of the right people, processes and technologies.
Come join us and find out why Cedars-Sinai has been ranked as one of the top 100 best places to work in IT as ranked by 2018 Computerworld Magazine for the 10th year in a row!
What will I be doing in this role?
Independently work with other EIS technical staff to install, maintain, troubleshoot and optimize departmental and enterprise-wide databases.
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Install and upgrade database software on the following server platforms and ensures license compliance: Oracle on RHEL/AIX, SQL Server on Windows, MySQL on RHEL
* Perform database migrations from on-prem to AWS RDS and EC2 instances
* Manage storage associated with Oracle/SQL Server/MySQL databases and assists system administrators with storage allocation and planning related to the database.
* Monitor and optimize the performance of Oracle instances in a networked environment.
* Monitor and optimize the performance of SQL Server and MySQL instances in a networked environment.
* Design and implement viable database backup, recovery, and high availability strategies and mechanisms.
* Execute database recovery, restoration, and/or restart as required.
* Define and implement database security, audit, and resource allocation policies and procedures. Defines, creates, and manages user accounts, profiles, privileges, roles, and required audit information.
* Monitor and optimize database instance using database administration tools, SQL scripts, and database utilities. Monitors SGA, resource utilization, and configures database parameters accordingly.
* Design and implement the data extraction, data load, and database synchronization routines and functions.
* Assist in specification and implementation of tables, views, indexes, integrity, security, and business rules using DDL, DCL, DML, and PL/SQL functions, procedures, and packages.
* Provide on-call support for enterprise-wide databases and responds to incidents in a timely manner.
Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent experience.
Oracle or SQL Server DBA Certification
Years of experience required:
Minimum three (3) years of production database administration experience in a production environment
Skills and work experience:
* Project management, systems and database administration and integration, user relations, and vendor interactions.
* Experience with patient care-oriented databases and hospital-based financial and administrative database applications preferred.
* Requires solid experience in monitoring, tuning, and administrating Oracle 11g/12c and/or SQL Server 2012/2014/2016 databases
* Requires solid experience installing, configuring, and administering Oracle RAC and Oracle ASM.
* Experience with Oracle SQL*NET, SQL*Loader, SQL Plus and Import/Export utilities in a Windows server or Linux environment.
* Experience in SQL, DDL, DCL, and DML programming. PowerShell, Python and/or Shell Scripting a plus.
* Knowledge of Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle Internet Directory and/or WebLogic is preferred.
Any of the skills below are a plus!
* MySQL administration
* Cloud technologies- especially AWS (RDS/EC2)
* Epic Clarity administration
* Working Title: Database Administrator (Oracle, SQL)
* Department: Epic Systems and DBAs
* Business Entity: Corporate Services
* City: Los Angeles
* Job Category: Information Technology
* Job Specialty: Database Management
* Position Type: Full-time
* Shift Length: 8 hour shift
* Shift Type: Full-time