Database Architect / Administrator (DBA)
Booyah is doing cutting-edge work in the exciting, emerging industry of mobile entertainment. If you want to work in a very dynamic space and you're ready to roll up your sleeves come talk to us! We're looking for a talented Database Administrator to manage the systems administration and database operations of the company. We are looking for someone with a passion for efficiency, isn't afraid to get their hands dirty, and has excellent communication skills. You should be able to self manage projects, have a can-do attitude, and truly enjoy what you do.
* Provide operational database services to the organization, owning the MySQL infrastructure at Booyah. Resolving incidents and requests within a SLA.
* Manage MySQL on the Linux platform in Production, Staging, QA, and/or Development environments including installation, configuration, optimization, automation, backup, recovery, upgrades, schema changes, security, etc.
* Capacity planning, design and implement scalable MySQL infrastructure (master-slave,sharding, re-sharding)
* Create processes to ensure fast query responses, data integrity and identify potential data errors. In other words, help figure out appropriate monitoring techniques
* Quickly troubleshoot database server problems and develop and deploy preventive measures to maintain high availability
* Assist in the development of the data warehouse application for the analytics team
* Writing documentation, including standards, procedures, and definitions for the data.
* 3-5 years production database administrator experience, ideally on MySQL with established large scale Internet sites
* Strong scripting abilities in one of Shell, Perl, Python, PHP scripting
* Solid knowledge in database performance tuning, partitioning/sharding and messaging systems
* Great communication skills to influence overall system design
* Experience with data warehouses and analytics knowledge and experience
* Linux server system administration experience
* Performance modeling and measurement algorithms
* Experience with other databases, Vertica, VoltDB, Hadoop, HBase, Hive