Data Warehouse Developer (Contract) - Information Services
Req #: 18470_1
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Category: Corporate
Crowe is seeking a Data Warehouse Developer for an estimated 5-month contract. In conjunction with Crowe's Information Services Business Intelligence team, this person will deliver enhance and support Crowe's BI SQL Server-based Data Warehouse. This may include developing ETL packages, performing unit testing, fixing, documenting and support existing data warehoused solutions using SQL Server tools.
* Quickly learn Crowe's existing data warehouse solutions in order to execute upon new enhancements and provide effective production support
* Understand and implement business design specification provided by the BI team
* Design, develop and work with technical personnel to deploy object/schema changes and ETL processes for new and existing source data, to maintain and support production environment jobs, and to deploy solutions to meet performance requirements (input, refresh/update job performance) and optimize performance (output, query performance) for the data warehouse
* Following established conventions for exception handling, notification and ETL audit functions when implement enhancements
* Ensure high quality deliverables such that errors are detected in programming or testing to avoid production outages, and in initial component design to avoid delays in project schedules. Conduct and facilitate/support testing (unit, integration, user acceptance, performance tests)
* Troubleshoot and resolve data, system and performance problems and recommend solutions
* Prepare and keep system level metadata and documentation current and accurate
YOUR JOURNEY AT CROWE STARTS HERE:
At Crowe, you have the opportunity to deliver creative solutions to today's complex business issues. Crowe's accounting, consulting, and technology personnel are widely recognized for their in-depth expertise and understanding of sophisticated process frameworks and enabling technologies, along with their dedication to delivering measurable results that help clients build business value. Our focus on emerging technology solutions along with our dedication to internal career growth and exceptional client value has resulted in a firm that is routinely recognized as a "Best Place to Work." We are 75 years strong and still growing. Come grow with us!
* Demonstrated knowledge of project life cycle methodologies, project management frameworks, and software development methodologies and tools
* Experience with MS SQL Server (SQL agent, encryption, replication, backup, restore and other admin tasks in a development environment). Experience developing advanced SQL queries and stored procedures
* Experience in database design. Working knowledge of data warehouse / data mart architectures (dimensional models, star schema)
* Experience developing Data Warehouse ETL solutions. Experience with ETL tools (SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Data Transformation Services (DTS))
* Working knowledge of Azure DevOps (FKA Visual Studio Team Suite (VSTS)), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), XML, JSON
* Working knowledge of Data Modeling tools, such as ERWin
* Experience with Business Intelligence tools, such as Cognos Analytics, Tableau and Power BI is a plus.
* Experience developing with the .Net Framework.
ABOUT THE TEAM:
Information Services (IS): Information Services manages the firm's infrastructure design and security, project management office, architecture, enterprise application services, client service and infrastructure and administration.
MORE ABOUT CROWE:
Crowe (www.crowe.com) is one of the largest public accounting, consulting and technology firms in the United States. Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world. The network consists of more than 200 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 130 countries around the world.