Minimum Qualifications Appointment method:
This is an appointment to a position in the exempt jurisdictional class. As such, the incumbent of this position would serve at the pleasure of the appointing authority.
Duties Description Under the provisions of the Paid Family Leave (PFL) program, the Department of Financial Services (DFS) has been charged with implementing a data warehouse that will not only be used by DFS, but also the Workers Compensation Board, the Department of Health and other agencies. DFS is seeking to fill the position of Data Warehouse/Database Administrator in our Information Technology Unit to be responsible for designing and implementing and maintaining staging, operational data stores (ODS) and data warehouse environments using data from multiple sources through data normalization, de-normalization, flattening and enrichment for the development of the infrastructure of the new Paid Family Leave data warehouse. This includes playing an important and sensitive role in decision-making and policy-making activities.
The incumbent will advise policy-makers on issues related to PFL implementation and provide expertise as to what data is needed to support policy decisions. The incumbent will be involved in confidential, high level discussions about acquisition, publication and security of data related to PFL. Other duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
* Designs and implements the architecture and infrastructure of enterprise systems:
o Configures and maintains database servers and processes;
o Performs backups, restorations, reorganizations, and recovery work on server databases;
o Optimizes servers and databases for high levels of performance and availability, including disaster recovery and business continuity (DR/BC); and
o Ensures relational database management system (RDBMS) and data warehouses confirm to all security best practices and applicable regulations;
* Maintains thorough understanding of the environment to ensure adherence to standards and utilizes accepted practices for enterprise design;
* Perform SQL tuning and SQL optimization
* Reviews current and proposed architectures to meet acceptable enterprise system practices;
* Provides technical advice and guidance for infrastructure improvements and deploys and maintains systems in accordance with established guidelines;
* Implements enterprise information security, procedures and protocols and participates in security risk reviews and remediation activities including producing written technical reports;
* Participates in the testing of applications, such as developing test plans, test conditions, and validation testing; and
* Designs, develops, and maintains logical/physical data models, entity relationship diagrams and a common data dictionary.
* At least 7 years experience in working with Oracle 11g/12c RDMS;
* Strong experience in Oracle database advanced security
* Experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager
* Strong technical experience in designing and implementing data-intensive Data Warehouse solutions;
* High proficiency writing SQL/ T-SQL;
* Strong Knowledge of logical and physical data modeling (relational, dimensional data modeling); and
* Experience in database DR/BC.
Additional Comments Positions located within the New York City metropolitan area, as well as Suffolk, Nassau, Rockland, and Westchester Counties, are also eligible to receive an additional $3,026 annual downstate adjustment