Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you're seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF-together for tomorrow.
Data Visualization Designer
ICF is seeking a versatile Data Visualization Designer / Information Designer to help deliver data-driven insights across our commercial businesses. We are a company of consultants, technologists, scientists, analysts, and engineers. We want to tell a better story about the impactful work we do in an arresting and compelling fashion.
You would join ICF's Analytics Studio, a new team with an ambitious challenge, to transform how we analyze and present data in the energy, environmental, and aviation industries. In this role, you will dive into data, find nuggets of insight, and polish them until they shine. Not only will you make an immediate contribution on client projects, you will have the opportunity to help us define the architecture, tools, training, and best practices for communicating analytic results. To do this, you'll need to be fluent with data and strong on design. Intellectual curiosity, self-motivation, and agility are essential as well, as the role may vary widely as the organization evolves.
What you'll do:
* Consult colleagues and clients on design choices, visualization tools, and how to tell stories with data
* Create new data visualizations and reengineer existing ones using state of the art tools and techniques, embedded within both products and consulting engagements
* Architect datasets to support visualizations in a variety of forms
* Create blog posts or infographics to share stories about our products and services
* Co-lead discovery sessions with diverse stakeholders to explore data and identify opportunities for value creation
* Deliver trainings for colleagues on best practices for data visualization
* Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., Information Design, Visual Design, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, etc.)
* 3+ years of strong data visualization experience
* Strong expertise with custom visualization programming languages (e.g., D3.js, J5.js)
* Strong expertise with leading visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI, Qlikview)
* Reasonable fluency with data wrangling and data analysis
* Ability to communicate complex quantitative insights in a clear and precise manner
* Master's in a relevant field
* Previous consulting experience (technology, strategy, or management consulting)
* Experience with R or Python and SQL
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE - Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Cambridge, MA (MA11)