Date: May 16, 2019
In this role, you will work with key members of Ericsson Customer Support and Repair, other members of the North American analytics team, and the global analytics partners within Ericsson. You will be responsible to architect and mature all areas of the Ericsson CS&R data analytics program to increase commercial and operational insights across the organization. This will be accomplished through aggregation and standardization of disparate data sources, development of the data strategy, development and alignment with data security requirements, alignment of data for use in design of data models, use of cutting-edge analytics techniques, and application of market-leading analytics tools.
Keys to success in this role include strong, practical, technical skills (i.e. database design, ETL principles), analytics knowledge, innovation, the ability to collaborate in a team environment, good time management skills, and multitasking capability.
* Identify strategic data requirements of "organization"
* Determine how an "organization's data will be stored and utilized
* Assess the "organization's internal and external data and design blueprint to manage the available data
* Create inventory of "organization's data and store data in easily accessible format
* Architect, design and develop complex database management systems and separate public data from private ones
* Create back up plan to cater for the data needs of the "organization" in times of emergency or cyber attack
* Collaborate with "organization's management needs to create data models in line with the organizations need
* Research to collate new data and update the "organization's database from time to time
* Meld existing data architecture with new ones as technology emerges
* Learn new techniques for data modeling and management
* Ensure the protection of data from unauthorized persons.
* Work with data science team and support them in executing data driven use cases
* Data architecture and leadership to productionize successful data science use cases
Education and Preferred Skills:
* Computer science or similar Bachelors and Masters degree
* Proven experience of 8+ years in data management and architecture
* Proven experience in architecting/developing/operating distributed computing systems like Hadoop/Spark; streaming data and enterprise data bases/warehouses.
* Certifications in architecture like TOGAF is added advantage
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson's legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Plano || Consulting&SysInt