A career in our Product Development and Architecture - Practice Support practice, within New Business Ventures, will provide you with the opportunity to invest in new business models that leverage our knowledge and build solutions for the growing digital market. New Business Ventures identifies, develops, and commercialises technology-enabled solutions that deliver PwC value, knowledge, and experience to our clients. Each new solution focuses on data-driven platforms or other intellectual property based solutions that leverage emerging technologies and new business models. Through the process of building new solutions, we foster a culture of innovation within PwC, extend brand relevance in the market, and generate new revenue. Our team is responsible for the research, collaboration, prototyping of products, solutions, and services for PwC New Ventures.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Managers and above
* Train and lead staff
* Establish effective working relationships directly with clients
* Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
* Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
* Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
* Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Mathematical Statistics, Computer and Information Science
Additional Educational Requirements:
Other technical or mathematical focused fields of study may be considered.
Minimum Years of Experience:
Preferred Fields of Study:
Mathematics, Computer and Information Science, Engineering, Data Processing/Analytics/Science
Demonstrates considerable knowledge of, and proven success in roles involving, executing various aspects of client engagements and/or projects within a professional services environment, including knowledge in at least two of the following areas:
* Computer programing with any of the following focus: statistical/mathematical languages - e.g., R, SAS, MATLAB, general purpose languages - e.g., Python, Java, Go, Perl, other special purpose languages - e.g., SQL, bash scripting;
* Machine learning/predictive modeling, natural language processing, statistical analysis, simulation modeling, graph analysis;
* Large scale data processing tools - e.g., Hadoop environment, Apache Spark, elastic cloud compute;
* Data analysis workflow using tools - e.g., git, iPython notebook; and,
* Data visualization tools - e.g., D3.JS, Gephi.
Demonstrates considerable ability within a professional services environment, to accomplish the following areas:
* Interpret problems, synthesize analysis, and present information in a way that is understandable to a non-technical person;
* Work collaboratively on teams with a variety of technical and non-technical skill sets;
* Compile and present complex information using data visualization tools;
* Collaborate and contribute as a team member: understand personal and team roles, contribute to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members, proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback;
* Identify and address client needs, build relationships with clients, develop requests for information, demonstrate flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks, communicate potential conflicts to a supervisor;
* Prioritize and handle multiple tasks, research and analyze pertinent client, industry and technical matters, utilize problem-solving skills, and communicate effectively in written and verbal formats to various audiences - including various levels of management and external clients - in a professional business environment;
* Coach and collaborate with associates who assist with this work, including providing coaching, feedback and guidance on work performance; - Understand how the application of analytical techniques correlated to business value; and,
* Be able to select the appropriate analytical techniques for the problem at hand.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
About PwC (PricewaterhouseCoopers)
PricewaterhouseCoopers offers auditing, accounting, and assurance services.