The Amazon Payments Team manages all Amazon branded payment offerings, globally. These offerings are growing rapidly and we are continuously adding new market-leading features and launching new products. Our payments products (Amazon Co-Branded Credit Cards, Private Labeled Credit Cards, Non-Amazon Branded Credit Cards, Shop with Points and Foreign Exchange) provide the most innovative payment experience on and off Amazon. We manage a financial services ad serving platform (billions of impressions per year) through Amazon's purchase path where we offer Amazon branded and non-branded payment products and services. Our team of high caliber software developers, statisticians, analysts and product managers use rigorous quantitative approaches to ensure that we target the right product to the right customer at the right moment, managing tradeoffs between click through rate, approval rates and lifetime value. We leverage the wealth of Amazon's information to build a wide range of probabilistic models, set up experiments that ensure that we are thriving to reach global optimums and leverage Amazon's technological infrastructure to display the right offerings in real time. We work closely with product managers to understand their business, collect requirements and deliver high value analytics and insights for the Amazon Payments team that drive acquisition, usage and loyalty. Our petabytes of data has the ability to improve the shopping experience for hundreds of millions of consumers worldwide. Our goal is to delight our customers with their purchasing experience. Those of us who love to work with data see this as the pinnacle of opportunities that you cannot find anywhere else in the world.
We are looking for an outstanding Data Scientist that is able to comprehend the details behind the Amazon Payments Products business, understand/clarify business requirements, transform volumes of data into actionable insights, serve as the technical/statistics SME, help us improve our targeting methods/models by initiating innovative/creative projects, lead analytical discussions and road map, work across teams and influence the analytical direction of external teams, combine expert statistical/modeling knowledge with programming skills to manage and deliver on complex/critical analysis projects, independently identify and resolve business/technical issues, develop best practices and support our product managers across the world. Amazon.com has a culture of data-driven decision-making, and demands business intelligence that is timely, accurate, innovative and actionable.
You know and love working with business intelligence tools, can build statistical models using multidimensional datasets and can partner with business owners to answer key questions. You are analytical, innovative, creative, disruptive, and you don't give up. In this role you will have an opportunity to launch new features in our machine learning engine, add new products to our inventory, influence targeting strategy for our products, implement end to end reporting solutions and support product managers in their day to day testing and business needs.
You will also have the opportunity to display your skills in the following areas:
* Interface with product managers, data engineers and software developers, gather requirements and deliver complete analytics/reporting solutions.
* Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
* Use data mining, model building, and other analytical techniques to develop and maintain customer segmentation and predictive models to drive the business and improve our machine learning engine.
* Make recommendations for new metrics, techniques, and strategies to improve campaign targeting and measurement.
* Improve Amazon Payment Product's targeting capabilities/products and help business owners uncover hidden opportunities using data, analytics and machine learning.
* Provide ad-hoc and automated access to large data sets.
* Understand business and product strategies, goals and objectives. Set the analytics roadmap to drive the goals of the business.
* Own the analytics for one or more product areas, lead planning, execution and delivery of projects for that area(s), manage stakeholders and internal customer/client needs/requests
* Act as the point of contact and analytical thought leader for the business. Represent the Data Science team inside and outside of Amazon Payments Products
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.