Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set? Are you fascinated by the possibilities presented by the machine learning, and artificial intelligence advances? In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open up new opportunities. As a data scientist, you can turn these complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges. Across private and public sectors - from fraud detection, to cancer research, to national intelligence - you know the answers are in the data.
We have an opportunity for you to use your data science and analytical skills to support our health clients in their implementation of data-centric strategy and modernization efforts. You'll work closely with a team of data scientist to understand client questions and needs, and then dig into data-rich environment to find the pieces of their information puzzle. You'll develop algorithms, write scripts, build predictive analytics, apply machine learning, and use the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn that set of disparate data points into objective answers to help our military leaders make informed decisions. You'll provide your clients with a deep understanding of their data, what it all means, and how they can use it. Join us as we use data science for good in support of our clients and build systems to change the defense intelligence enterprise for the better.
Empower change with us.
Build Your Career:
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics and we're dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional. When you join Booz Allen, you can expect:
* access to online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies, and tools like Docker, Tableau, and Splunk
* a chance to change the world with the Data Science Bowl-the world's premier data science for social good competition
* participation in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
You'll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and analytics skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, onsite boot camps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want, as you chart your own course for success.
* 2+ years of experience with frequent scripting language use, including Python and R and using associated packages commonly used in data science applications or advanced analytics
* 2+ years of experience with managing diverse data sources, including preprocessing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data to develop data marts for data science use cases and machine learning applications
* Experience with performing data exploration and data analysis in support of analytics objectives
* Experience with feature selection, model building, and optimization using supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques to support analytic objectives
* Knowledge of statistical and predictive modeling concepts and machine learning.
* Ability to thrive while working independently to achieve successful results with minimal guidance
* Ability to exhibit flexibility and initiative when dealing with ambiguous and fast-paced situations
* Secret clearance
* MA or MS degree
Nice if you have:
* 3+ years of experience with data science or advanced analytics
* Experience with designing novel data analytic methods and workflows, including full data pipelines from raw data through analysis results
* Experience with leading teams in the data analytics space
* Ability to develop data-processing and technical workflows for client delivery
* Ability to be self-sufficient and driven to acquire the expertise necessary to accomplish complex tasks
* Ability to facilitate the presentation of results to technical and non-technical audiences
* Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
* Possession of excellent organizational and time management skills to juggle multiple priorities
* PhD degree in Operations Research, Applied Statistics, CS, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Bioinformatics, or a related quantitative field
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is preferred.
We're an EOE that empowers our people-no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic-to fearlessly drive change.