The Junior Data Science Engineer will be responsible for supporting the build-out data models and analytics to help support the business. In this role, the individual will contribute to innovation, and help discover business transactions are being consumed across various business units.
Identify, ingest, and enrich a wide range of structured and unstructured data into datasets for analysis
* Learn to apply statistical and advanced techniques (e.g. segmentation, machine learning) to develop both prototypes and scalable (i.e. efficient, automated) data analyses
* Conduct basic ad hoc analysis, building models, forecasting viewing behavior
* Extensive knowledge of code development, debugging, optimizing, and productionizing is required
* Support the development of machine learning pipeline architecture
* Help build out frameworks for quickly rolling out new data analysis for standalone data-driven products and services
* Be able to transform raw data in to formats suitable for modeling
* Experienced user of data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, power BI, ggplot2, etc.)
* Be able to work in teams and collaborate with stakeholders to define requirements
* Build data pipelines, accurate predictive models, and automated ML driven forecasting insights to business leaders
* You will partner with software developers and data engineers to build end-to-end data pipelines and production code
* MS in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or Economics
* 2+ years' work experience
* Proficiency in at least one statistical software package such as R, Stata, or Python
* Knowledge of algorithms for data mining, machine learning, and/or natural language processing
* Expertise using SQL for acquiring and transforming data
* Experience with causal inference, applied time series modeling or machine learning forecasting applications
* Experience building scalable data models using AWS or GCP platform offerings
* Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to detect and resolve data/analytics quality issues
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
Who We Are
We've been around for a while, and we believe our continued success is due to the basic principles of recognizing and rewarding superior performance for individuals and teams. We've seen this principle drive innovations and solutions to promote higher levels of productivity and customer service.
Our 70 year history of consistent success provides you with solid employment. We hire employees who are good at what they do and enjoy their work, and we offer a number of benefits and coverage for individuals and families. Our corporate culture strives to maintain strong communication at all levels, professionalism in our work, and respect for our co-workers.
Systemax is the parent company of the Industrial Products Group, which includes GlobalIndustrial.com, GlobalIndustrial.ca/Avenue, C&H Government, Nexel Industries, Industrial Supplies.com and other affiliated companies.
System is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity to apply.
Systemax operates as a direct marketer of brand name and private label products.