Flower Mound, TX
The Data Scientist will support our business teams with insights gained from analyzing both company and external market data. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. They must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets, thinking about the business in new and creative ways, and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications:
BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred. College degree plus 4-7 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Experience in data mining. Understanding of machine-learning and operations research
* Knowledge of R, SQL and Python; familiarity with Scala, Java or C++ is an asset
* Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Microstrategy) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop)
* Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
* Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
* Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
* Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
* Combine models through ensemble modeling
* Present information using data visualization techniques
* Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
* Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
* Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
BNSF Logistics offers competitive benefit programs and services including, but not limited to:
* Competitive pay
* Comprehensive health benefits package
* 401(k) plan with employer match
* Flexible spending account
* Company paid life, short-term and long-term disability insurance
* Employee discounts on autos, travel, electronics, insurance, etc.
* Tuition assistance
* Professional training staff with an industry leading Learning Management System
* Company culture that recognizes its employees
ABOUT BNSF Logistics:
BNSF Logistics is an industry-leading transportation intermediary, committed to providing value to each of our customers through professional acumen, entrepreneurial drive, and individual commitment. We are one of the fastest growing 3PLs in North America and pride ourselves on service flexibility and modal breadth. BNSF Logistics is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of Burlington Northern Santa Fe LLC.
Our Purpose: We Deliver What Matters
Our Guiding Principles:
* Protect the well-being of ourselves and others
* Drive innovation and embrace transformation
* Respect and serve everyone
* Keep our commitments
* Celebrate and enjoy the journey
* Foster a collaborative and inclusive community
BNSF Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.