DATA MANAGER - DATA QUALITY LEAD
As a DATA MANAGER within our Clinical Data Management (CDM) function you will work within a team of experts in data life-cycle management who acquire and curate data for use in exploratory research, clinical development and evidence generation. You will collaborate with peers within the function and across the organization to identify, design and execute fit for purpose data management solutions, adhering to F.A.I.R. (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, Reusable) principles. You will ensure the timely completion of data management deliverables and partner with Functional Service Providers (FSPs) and vendors, overseeing and providing technical expertise in the delivery of high quality data. You may also contribute to functional, cross functional, enterprise-wide or external initiatives that shape our technical landscape, business and healthcare environments. You will need strong strategic, collaboration and communication skills, as well as an entrepreneurial mindset, to evolve the way we collect and deliver data and to develop and deliver medicines for our patients.
* Collaborate with peers within the function and across the organization to identify, design and execute fit for purpose data management solutions, ensuring FAIR principles are adhered to.
* Act as experts for data collection and acquisition, advising teams and stakeholders on best practices and proposing innovative solutions. e.g. the collection of new data types (e.g. emergent biomarkers), new technologies (e.g. sensors), and new data sources (e.g. RWD, EMR).
* Partner with and provide oversight of data management deliverables (e.g. Work-Packages) to our Functional Service Providers (FSPs) and vendors. Provide Quality Assurance on tasks as applicable to ensure a high quality of data and compliance with applicable pharma industry regulations and standards.
* Proactively manage timelines and track decisions, ensuring successful delivery of the study work packages carried out at FSPs. Continue to be accountable for quality and where needed, provide support in the form of business and technical expertise to our FSPs.
* Oversee FSP in Sample management and eManifest process, ensuring timely, proactive resolution of queries.
* Provide high level review of data using graphical visualizations, statistical monitoring tools, and standard metrics designed to identify outliers or trends in data received, gaps in standard checks programmed or other unexpected anomalies in the data.
* As required, be the Biometrics rep on the new ReImagineSMTs (SLT triad, currently late phase only) and any associated meetings such as Data Quality meetings. At a minimum, act as the CDM rep for PDB and SLT. Inform stakeholders of status of key deliverables and milestones.
* Proactively engage with stakeholders across the business and biometrics to understand their needs and influence their understanding of decisions made on our function.
* Partner with relevant functions for external data vendor selection and management. Oversee development of data transfer agreements with vendors ensuring use of standards, fit-for-purpose data models and transfer intervals.
* Contribute to functional, cross functional, enterprise-wide or external initiatives that shape our future landscape.
* Contribute to clinical coding strategies; oversee the coding activities performed by the FSP.
* PROJECT MANAGEMENT : Develop risk management strategies and proactively manage timelines to ensure successful oversight and delivery of studies, projects and coding responsibilities, including the implementation and adoption of new technologies.
* STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT: Proactively engage with stakeholders across the business to understand their needs and influence their understanding of decisions made in our function. Inform stakeholders of status of key deliverables and act on changing milestones.
* VENDOR MANAGEMENT: Partner with relevant functions for external data vendor selection and management. Oversee development of data transfer agreements with vendors ensuring use of standards, fit-for-purpose data models and transfer intervals.
* DATA COLLECTION AND ACQUISITION: Act as experts for data collection, advising teams and stakeholders on best practices and proposing innovative solutions. Ensure a high quality of data and compliance with applicable pharma industry regulations and standards.
* PROVIDE DATA SOLUTIONS: Stay current with and adopt emergent data collection, data management, visualization and provision tools and applications to ensure fit-for-purpose and impactful approaches. Deliver on solutions as needed.
* DATA QUALITY REVIEW : Use data surveillance tools and strategies to provide aggregate level reviews designed to identify patterns or anomalies in our data to ensure high quality results.
* DATA CURATION: Organization and integration of data collected from various sources. Maintain value of data through application of FAIR (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, Reusable) principles.
* SUPPORT ANALYSES: Partner with stakeholders to understand their data insight needs and offer Data Management solutions. Demonstrate a strong understanding of the data flow from collection through to analysis and filing.
* FUNCTIONAL EXCELLENCE : Collaborate and contribute to functional/cross-functional initiatives or goals to promote new ways of working, including emerging technologies. Enable broader and more effective use of data to support the business.
* TECHNICAL CONSULTANT : Offer guidance and advice to peers within the function, to key stakeholders and to FSPs, CRO and collaborative groups on technical solutions to ensure high quality data collection and delivery. Deliver on solutions as needed
* BSc or MSc in Life Sciences, Data/Computer Science, Bioinformatics OR equivalent industry experience.
* Strong collaboration and excellent communication skills â€" both written and oral (proficiency in English required).
* Knowledge of CDISC data standards
* Knowledge of ICH-GCP and working in regulated environments.
* Project Management skills.
* Able to manage multiple requests and priorities.
* Demonstrated leadership capabilities around decision-making, negotiation, motivation (self and others) and influencing.
* Experience with data analytics and/or visualization tools and techniques.
* Demonstrated entrepreneurial mindset and self-direction, ability to mentor others and willingness to learn new techniques.
* Knowledge of biological principles, display interest and demonstrate scientific curiosity including an understanding of data types and their scientificÂ use (â€'clinical, biomarker, WGS, RNA-seq, etc.).
* Experience in leading CDM study teams and maintaining oversight of all start-up, conduct and close-out activities for multiple or complex studies, ensuring fit for purpose quality (including oversight of FSPs, Vendors, CROs and Collaborative Groups).
* Experience in leading the collection of clinical trial and/or Real World Data.
* Good understanding of molecule and disease area strategies, healthcare environments, as well as strong scientific and technical expertise.
* Experience with SDTM implementation and CDISC standards.
* Experience with standardized terminologies such as MedDRA and WHODrug