Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Responsible for the collection, preparation and reporting of statistical data including technical support for tools and/or other analytic processes used for specified lines of insurance.
Essential Job Functions
* Develops and prepares new reports and applications using multiple sources of information.
* Evaluates information being reported for consistency, completeness, accuracy and reasonableness.
* Maintains and provides support for existing tools and applications used in the analyses of information.
* Communicates with actuaries, accountants, product managers and I/T staff regarding data requirements and/or business requirements involving new reports or applications.
* Prepares internal and/or external correspondence related to the development and understanding of information.
* Conducts research into proposed solutions regarding data quality issues as well as for the development of new reports or applications.
* Promotes safety at all times and complies with safety/ergonomic standards as outlined in relevant company published manuals.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Physical Actions: Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10-lbs. maximum and seeing.
Physical Environment: Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
Education Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred with at least a minor in a quantitative or analytic subject.
Experience Requirements: Two years of relevant professional business experience, or relevant graduate degree and one year of experience in a similar role.
Special Skill Requirement:
* General understanding of insurance terminology and in the use of insurance data and information systems. * Strong analytic skills and the ability to learn new tools and applications. * Familiarity with Enterprise IT processes.
* Solid understanding of all SQL query types: select, update, append, delete, make tables, and union.
* Ability to pick up additional SQL skills as needed.
* Querying and combining multiple data sets.
* Is able to create an inventory of reports/feeds, co-ordinate activities and work with a larger team.
* Has the ability to work with teams In collecting information/reports in preparation for internal/external Audits.
* Detecting data integrity issues, discrepancies, inconsistencies.
* Capacity to understand and learn a wide variety of formulas used in Access and Excel for data manipulation.
* Curiosity and initiative, self-directed learning.
* Knowledge of MS SQL Server databases is preferred.
* Familiarity with the Agile Methodology.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 07/10/2019
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.