As a data intelligence intern, you will be applying data science techniques to achieve objectives including data creation/augmentation and data quality assurance.
Scope of Responsibility
Mine text from documents using python (e.g. regular expressions, BeautifulSoup, …)
Apply machine learning techniques to build classification models that use text data as input.
SQL, Python, NLP
* Progress towards or completion of master's degree in Data Science, Computer Science, or other related field
* Practical understanding and application of data science and machine learning tasks such as classification, regression, and clustering
* Coursework or experience in text mining/text analytics
* Knowledge of exploratory data analysis and data visualization
* Have inclination to work on large data sets and come up with creative solutions on data mining
* Good communication skills (written and oral) and proficiency in creating presentations.
* Have strong interest in Finance - work experience in finance and/or capital markets would be a plus
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MSCI Inc. (formerly Morgan Stanley Capital International and MSCI Barra), is a provider of equity, fixed income, hedge fund stock market indexes, and equity portfolio analysis tools.