Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Do you enjoy working with data? Are you interested in expanding your knowledge base? If so, CGI Federal's Defense Business Unit has an exciting opportunity supporting the federal government as a Data Engineer/Data Scientist. We are looking for people with deep understanding of operational data, analytical capabilities and an innovative mindset to solve problems and a customer focused advocate that can work in an agile fast-paced team environment using cutting edge technologies.
Come join an exciting team focused on supporting Intelligence and Training Environment through data science, modeling and simulation.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
* Collaborate with other Data Science, Operations and Intelligence Analysts on data science and big data problems to include utilizing the data science process for defining the question, identifying the needed data sources, developing data model & data capture strategy, developing technical design specifications, and implementation.
* Design, develop, implement, and maintain code to support data processing, flows thru the Data Lake, and self-service analytics.
* Support, develop or contribute to data ingestion/workflows, data streaming, data processing, data catalogs, data analysis & exploration, data quality, data visualization, business process management/business rules processing, data exchange, or data modeling and ETL processes using open source and user- developed tools.
* Support provisioning and establishment of a big data, micro-services and analytics platform on the cloud.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
* Bachelor's degree in Information Management, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Technology or a related technical area.
* 3-5 years of relevant consulting or industry experience.
* Experience with big data and analytical tools.
* Understanding of and experience with analyzing semi-structured and unstructured data.
* Hands-on experience with enterprise level data ingestion, discovery & analysis, transformation and modeling. Understanding of data architecture.
* Experience in programming using SQL, Python, R and familiarity with no SQL, distributed databases and big data solutions.
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Excellent team player with strong collaboration skills to lead cross functional teams on multi-team projects; strong sense of commitment and responsibility.
* Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
* Experience on Azure cloud environment and analytics and data services.
* Strong orientation to quantitative and qualitative, data-driven analysis using stats open source packages.
* Familiar with the capabilities and value of Service intelligence systems.
What you can expect from us: Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.