At Bitly, our mission is to empower businesses to create trusted, powerful, recognizable links that maximize the impact of every digital initiative. We are also proud of our community and our culture, and we are actively looking for team members who align with our vision, mission, and values.
As a Data Engineer you will work closely with the Project manager and Analysts to architect, build, and maintain a data and analytics infrastructure. This will include a data warehouse, in support of our business analytics and data reporting. The infrastructure created by this team will be critical in the team's mission to support and provide insight for operations across the entire business.
Our Platform & Infrastructure team works on challenging product and infrastructure-focused problems. Our systems are built to process and provide real-time and near-time analytics for the world's best brands. We support over 10 billion clicks and 5 Billion uniques per month from every country in the world and on every platform imaginable. To support our scale, our hybrid cloud consists of hundreds of servers, dozens or micro-services and numerous real-time data streams.
What You'll Do
* Work with people throughout the company to understand the goals, needs, and priorities of systems and turn that understanding into a specific plan of attack
* Use a variety of tools and languages including Go, Python, Bash, Hadoop, SQL, BigQuery and more
* Build and consume APIs to ensure that relevant data is available across all systems
Who You Are
* You have 2-5 years of engineering experience.
* You have a solid background in writing understandable, testable, and efficient code
* You have familiarity with relevant tools and technologies and stay up to date with ongoing changes and advancements
* You can clearly communicate technical concepts and ideas to other engineers and to other parts of the organization
* You have knowledge of how web protocols, clients, and servers work.
* You have the ability to take initiative in addressing issues or seeking support from fellow team members
* You have experience using a flavor of version control-we use git and Github to collaborate and manage pull requests
* Experience with Go and/or Python
* Prior experience with GCP and specifically BigQuery (or AWS/Redshift) is a huge plus
* A love of Scrum and an interest in helping the team develop agreements and processes around that methodology
* Startup experience
* Nobody wins unless everybody wins.
* >(!=) We strive for excellence in all we do. We care.
* Knowledge is power. We are curious. We strive to discover new things and share them with the world.
* Do or do not; there is no try. We will do great things. We will take risks. We will make it happen.
* This land is our land. We are in this together, and we are all owners.
* RESPECT. We treat our teammates, customers and partners with integrity and value the relationships that we build.
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on "protected categories," Bitly also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Bitly.