Title: Data Engineer
Location: Chicago - Corporate Office
Reports to: Vice President, Data Analytics
Company: The Parking Spot
The Parking Spot is more than just a space to park your car. We focus on hospitality, making it easy, comfortable and affordable to get a superior airport parking experience. The Parking Spot (TPS) is the leading near-airport Parking Company with over 38+ locations at 21 airports, and over 2,000 employees nationwide. As a privately held company that has experienced continued growth, we have added 11 facilities within the past 5 years.
The Parking Spot has a culture and atmosphere that endorses the principles of teamwork and integrity with a small business feel. As a member of The Parking Spot Team, you'll have the opportunity to work in a truly supportive environment while receiving great compensation and benefits!
What we offer:
* Career development and growth opportunities
* Ability to gain exposure to all areas of the business
* Great benefits including Medical, Vision, Dental and a 401k plan
* Team oriented, fun and friendly work environment
* Immediate opportunity to make a large impact!
Our Data Engineer will manage our analytical databases and improve our company's data capabilities, as well as facilitate decision-making with the analytics and revenue teams. This position requires a passion for data, a creative mind, and a demonstrated technical skillset.
* Design and develop data pipelines for important business data, with a focus on reliability and efficiency
* Manage infrastructure for data processing/warehousing and address data-related issues
* Create and maintain optimized data models to store structured and unstructured company data
* Collaborate with multiple functional areas on major technical and analytical projects
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
* Professional experience and proficiency in SQL, ETL, schema design concepts, and data modeling/structuring
* Professional experience and proficiency in Python, including libraries such as pandas and sqlalchemy
* Experience using Linux, Apache Airflow, and/or Amazon Web Services is a plus
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, take initiative, and work collaboratively as needed
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to explain complex concepts and findings to diverse audiences
* 4-year college degree required
* At least 1+ year of professional data engineering or similar data-related experience required