CapTech is a national IT management consulting firm that bridges the gap between business and technology. We partner with some of the world's most successful companies to design, develop, and manage technical and digital solutions that delight customers, drive insights, and meet strategic objectives.
At CapTech, you'll experience a flat organizational structure based upon a culture of mutual respect. Here, your career path isn't set in stone, and you have unlimited potential for growth and the resources to help you achieve your career goals. If you are creative, technically insightful, driven-and have a passion for the work that we do, then you might be a future CapTecher.
For over five years, we have been in the Top 10 of Consulting Magazine's Best Firms to Work For, including #2 for IT Firms and #5 for Work/Life Balance. We are also recognized by Vault.com's Top 50 Consulting Firms and have been on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies for over 10 years.
Data Engineers work in our Data & Analytics practice area at CapTech. Our DE consultants deliver Data, Pipeline, and Integration and solutions and services to our clients across many industries in support of crucial and diverse data strategies. Our consultants work to bridge the ever-evolving gap between value and technology for our clients. Through our core values of intellectual curiosity, enthusiasm, flexibility, servant leadership, and serving as trusted advisors, CapTech seeks to maintain the premier workplace and destination for technology consultants.
Specific responsibilities for the Data Engineer position include:
* Develop data solutions using data storage, integration, and pipeline platforms such as HDFS, Spark, Hive, Impala, Cassandra, Informatica, Ab Initio, SQL Server, Oracle, Python, and Kafka
* Design/develop data models and consolidate data into them of various types/formats from various sources
* Optimize data solutions for the right mix of performance, reliability, and maintainability
* Collaborate with Quality Assurance resources and systems administrators to debug code and ensure the timely delivery of products
* Prepare documentation conveying design and support information
* Convey complex technical information in a clear, concise manner to all levels of stakeholders, including executives, business users, IT, application developers, and customers
* Participate in requirements gathering sessions with business and technical staff
* Fully understand clients' business philosophies and IT Strategies. Recommend process improvements to increase efficiency and reliability of data solutions
Specific qualifications for the Data Engineer, Analytics position include:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
* Strong SQL and Python skills
* Experience optimizing data solutions for strong performance
* Development experience with Hadoop and related platforms
* Development experience with database platforms (Redshift, Snowflake, MS or Azure SQL, Teradata, Oracle, etc.)
* Development experience building ETL graphs using the Ab Initio GDE, EME and Co-Operating system
* Preferred - development experience with programming languages
* Preferred - development experience with Unix tools and shell scripts preferred
* Minimum of 2 years' experience designing, developing, and testing software aligned with defined requirements
* Experience with version control (Git, TFS, JIRA, etc.) and test driven development
* Exposure to Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Qlik, Domo, Birst, Business Objects, SSRS, Cognos, MicroStrategy, etc.
We offer challenging and impactful jobs with professional career paths. All CapTechers can keep their hands-on technology no matter what position they hold. Our employees find their work exciting and rewarding in a culture filled with opportunities to have fun along the way.
At CapTech we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
* Competitive salary with performance-based bonus opportunities
* Single and Family Health Insurance plans, including Dental coverage
* Short-Term and Long-Term disability
* Matching 401(k)
* Competitive Paid Time Off
* Training and Certification opportunities eligible for expense reimbursement
* Team building and social activities
* Mentor program to help you develop your career
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culture of equality, inclusion and fairness - each foundational to our core values. We strive to create a diverse environment where each employee is encouraged to bring their unique ideas, backgrounds and experiences to the workplace.
At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or "corp to corp" agreements).
CapTech is a Drug-Free work place.
Candidates must have the ability to work at CapTech's client locations.
All positions include the possibility of travel.
CapTech has not contracted/does not contract with any outside vendors in its recruitment process. If you are interested in this position, please apply to CapTech directly.