Do you enjoy designing and implementing supply chain strategies, working through complex problems, and overwhelming your customers with low cost and high flexibility? Do you have a desire to make a major contribution to the future in the rapid growth environment of Cloud Computing?
Amazon Web Services is looking for an experienced Data Engineer to define, develop and drive the future state of business intelligence solutions for the Infrastructure Supply Chain & Procurement team. In this high impact role, the candidate will coordinate with cross functional groups to drive analytics on detailed cost structure and supply chain flexibility in support of rapidly growing need for data in a dynamic business environment.
As a Data Engineer II, you will design, implement and support scalable data warehouse solutions. This role involves both backend and front end development. You will be responsible for creating logical & physical data models, developing and supporting ETLS, carrying out performance tuning and other necessary admin activities. You will develop and manage relevant visual solutions for self-service using Tableau or other reporting tools/technologies like Alteryx.
You will be primarily using but not limited to AWS solution stacks like Redshift, S3, Data Pipelines (Hammerstone) and reporting tools such as Tableau Server, Alteryx Server, and QuickSight to implement BI solutions. There is huge potential to further automate and shape the BI landscape. An ideal candidate should be able to use technical and business acumen to shape data strategy.
Primary duties of this role include:
* Continuous design, development, and maintenance of a Business Intelligence platform (Tableau Server).
* Build and maintain the data infrastructure to answer questions with data, using software engineering best practices, data management fundamentals, data storage principles, and recent advances in distributed systems.
* ETL development and support
* Tableau dashboard and report development and support
* Promote self-service using automation, documentation and training
* Scoping, design and implementation of metrics dashboards to deepen understanding of cost structure and highlight opportunities for improvement
* Creating analytical cost models to guide global supply chain initiatives towards maximum long term value optimizing supply chain flexibility and total cost of ownership
* Developing and implementing methods and systems to continually improve continuity of supply and operational efficiencies
* Developing a deep understanding of our internal customer planning models and desired supply chain attributes
* Driving the coordination of cross functional teams to define specifications and desired outcomes
* Generation, tracking, and execution of project plans, along with co-management of the team's roadmap
* Effectively communicate the vision to business leaders to drive change
Amazon is an electronic commerce and cloud computing company.