The US IT Senior Business Analyst role is based within the US Data Services team; as part of an HSBC wide Data services team that works with each Global Business/Function to consolidate and resolve cross functional data initiatives , projects and issues.
This role will act as the IT business analyst to bridge between Group and Global Business/Functions; as well as US regional business and IT to facilitate detailed data needs for all projects, governed and not governed within the US data services. This role will focus on driving and capturing MI, Data Architecture, Data Warehouse and Analytic Reporting needs across various critical programs in HSBC US.
Main responsibilities will be:
* Execute Country specific MI , Data Architecture, Analytic Data and Reporting requirements
* Understanding the business requirements and provide the real-time solutions
* Migrate and re-engineer existing services from on-premises data centers to Cloud (GCP/AWS)
* Provide SME guidance across data activities in different areas; pertaining to local systems
* Provide oversight and guidance for timely review and escalation of data Issues
* Consolidate & prioritise data analytic and reporting requirements for US to respond to business and regulatory needs
* Provide design guidelines to the underlying data management platform for efficient reporting views and dashboards
* Provide seamless Data Architecture and data flows
* Following the project development tools like JIRA, Confluence and GIT
* Define, create, test, and execute operations procedures.
* Document current and future configuration processes and policies
* Should have experience in delivery life cycle using Big data& Cloud technologies - design, development ( coding ) , testing , implementation, enhancements , application support , performance tuning.
Impact on the Business
* Consolidate & prioritize data management and reporting opportunities required for the country to respond to business and regulatory needs
* Work with each GB/GF to consolidate and provide SME guidance on cross functional data management and reporting needs
* Facilitate requirements to Group in terms of methodologies and tools that may not be fit for purpose and/or require some enhancements
Customers / Stakeholders
* Build trusting relationships with stakeholders by consistently eliciting requirements that meet and deliver upon their business needs. Stakeholders include key players across multiple GB/GFs in the region
* Partner with stakeholders and business SME's to define business case, provide requirements, obtain sponsorship and prioritize Data management book of work
* Provide consultancy to multiple GB/GFs in the region to define Data management and reporting measures and controls (thresholds) through end-to-end data flows, ensuring Data requirements are understood and implemented.
Leadership & Teamwork
* Communicate the importance of managing data as an asset and shape the direction of data management capabilities that improve HSBC's data management landscape.
* Willingness to take on additional tasks and/or duties as needed.
* Cultivate an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
* Set an example for team members and directs when faced with adversity
* Coaching and mentoring to junior team members, as required.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
* Drive a culture of data management and contribute to enhanced operational efficiency by incorporating use of best practices, methodologies into change management processes.
* Reduce ambiguity of data capture, resulting in improvements to consistent and standardized data - data management and reporting forms a critical component.
* Data management is relatively new concept for HSBC. The challenge will be to influence colleagues at all levels of seniority to embrace the practicalities of an efficient data management and reporting culture.
* Managing expectations of multiple stakeholders and resolving conflicts.
* Complex system landscape data processes.
* Country specific restrictions (e.g. data sharing and PII information) that must be considered in every project/initiative.
* The role continually requires a responsive approach to both regulatory and legal initiatives outside the jobholder's control and an awareness of the business environments supported.
* The jobholder will be required to engage with and influence stakeholders and business SME's in matters of data management, with emphasis on architecture, warehouse, reporting and dashboards.
* The job holder will play a proactive role in the Group level Data management forums; driving engineering solutions needed for data management and data warehouse
* The job holder will be a partner and point of contact for all regional data management matters
Management of Risk
Demonstrate leadership on Regulatory & Compliance matters. Maintain awareness of operational risk and minimize the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting in accordance with section B.1.2 of the Group Operations FIM.
Observation of Internal Controls
* Maintain and observe HSBC internal control standards, implement and observe Group Compliance Policy, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external auditors and external regulators. Foster a compliance culture and implement Group Compliance Policy by managing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Regional Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources are in place and training is provided, and optimizing relations with regulators
* Bachelor Degree or International Equivalent
* Banking experience with good business and product knowledge; especially in the area of Data management , design , architecture and dashboards
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills; presentation skills a plus
* Organized and well structured
* Strong prioritization and time management skills
* 7 or more years work experience in data management, with strong awareness of industry Data management practice, Tools and Processes for data management , warehouse and reports
* Hands on experience on GCP(Google Cloud Platform) , Cloud Function/ Lambda functions
* Knowledge and experience of Data warehouse and ETL tools
* Must have good programming skills on Python/Java
* Must have good Experience/knowledge on GCP components like GCS, BigQuery, Cloud SQL, PubSub/Kafka, DataFlow and Google cloud SDK
* Should have experience on any of the RDBMS
* Strong interpersonal skills and client oriented; work experience in major projects a plus
* Self-motivated, focused, detailed oriented and able to work efficiently to deadlines are essential
* Ability to work with a degree of autonomy while also being able to work in a collaborative team environment
* High degree of personal integrity