Data Center Technician
DataBank is a leading provider of enterprise-class data center, cloud, and interconnection services, offering customers high availability of data, applications, and infrastructure. DataBank's managed data center services are anchored in world-class facilities. Our customized technology solutions are designed to help customers effectively manage risk, improve their technology performance and allow them to focus on their core business objectives.
Databank is looking for talented, energetic Data Center Technicians capable of working in a fast-paced environment. The Data Center Tech, working under the direct supervision of the Regional Data Center Manager, is responsible for the operations, maintenance, and monitoring of the data center and supporting infrastructure.
The data center provides colocation, cloud, managed services, and other offerings to Databank's customers and is a 24x7x365 manned facility. This is an entry level position into a 24/7 Data Center's Operation Center.
Shift: 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. (rotating days on and off)
Essential Job Functions:
* Rack setup, layout, leveling and power strip setup.Ladder and Fiber trays Construction.
* Installation and maintenance of the structured cabling system.
* Knowledgeable in Switch racking and Installing whips
* Providing support to collocation customers.
* Crossover work with the facilities team as needed.
* Extending customer circuits including POTS, T1, T3, Ethernet, and Fiber.
* Working with our ticket system.
* Terminating fiber optic cabling.
* Maintain accurate records and document all problems.
* Operate, monitor, maintain, and respond to abnormal conditions in facilities systems.
* Areas include: Electrical, Mechanical, Building Monitoring and Control.
* Tracking and trending operational characteristics.
* Able to use creativity working within boundaries of the relevant policies, procedures guidelines
* Accountable for tasks within scope and their effective delivery
* Our ideal candidate will possess the following skills, abilities, and knowledge:
* Associate degree, trade school certification, or other verifiable training in a relevant technical field
* or equivalent practical experience.
* 2 years at journeyman or technician level, or the equivalent in a critical environment. Preference given to data center, hospital, or power plant experience.
* Knowledge of telco technologies, systems, and circuits.
* Extensive experience terminating cat5/6 cables.
* Data center skills such as installing moving/equipment and cabling.
* Ability to work independently and manage multiple project and priorities.
* Ability to lift 60-75lbs.
* Excellent written and communication skills.
* BICSI and CompTia Certifications are highly desirable.
* Excellent understanding of the electrical and mechanical systems used in a data center environment, including: Feeders, Transformers, Generators, Switchgear, UPS systems, ATS/STS units, PDU/PMM units, Chillers, Air handling units and CRAC units.
* Ability to communicate intelligently and effectively with contractors who perform maintenance or upgrade work on these systems.
* Health, Dental, Vision packages
* Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
* Life Insurance
* 401k matched by company
* 3 weeks' Paid Time Off and Holidays