This position will work closely with the Data Center Manager, Data Center Site Manager, DC Operations staff, Sales Organization, Partner Sites, and Customers/Clients in support of the day-to-day operations of the data center. Responsible for the support of daily customer requirements involving the physical installation of cabinets, cages, cables, shelving, cable management, routers CSU/DSU's, servers, PDU's, modems, switches, etc. to ensure customer expectation is met, service intervals achieved, and overall site operations are conducted in accordance to INAP Data center Operating Guidelines and Standards. Work flexible shift schedule and provides rotational on-call 24x7 coverage.
* Assists Data Center Manager and Data Center Site Manager on projects involving the physical installation of
cabinets, cages, cables, shelving, cable management, routers CSU/DSU's, servers, PDU's, modems, switches. Terminate and troubleshoot twisted pair, coax, RJ45, fiber, BNC connections.
* Work with various internal/external groups (such as telecommunication service providers, provisioning, IE's, NE's, equipment vendors, the NOC, customers and INAP internal departments) to install, troubleshoot, repair equipment, and service
customer, PNAP and facility equipment. Requests help as needed from Sr. DCOE/DCSM/DCM
* Provide remote hands services for customers as required including reboots, testing/trouble shooting, making and
* Assists on projects for both internal/external customer installation through coordinating facility services,
equipment, and cabling in preparation for customer installations.
* Maintain corporate databases relevant to DC Operations, provisioning, NOC and IE's to include Ubersmith,
CFA, KPI's, AMS, CST.
* Monitor and review sales projections and plan facility connectivity scaling.
* Maintain INAP standards applied to the physical elements of a PNAP.
* Respond to emergency outages as directed by the INAP NOC within a 1-hour average onsite response time
(non-staffed 24 x 7 sites) and 10 minutes' response time for 24 x 7 staffed sites.
Qualifications / Experience
* 5+ years' experience working with communications circuits and equipment to include the ability to install and
troubleshoot (T1's, DS3's, OCX, routers, switches, cabling).
* 5+ years advanced skills at working with communications test equipment. Knowledge of physical plant
operations (power environmental) Experience working with communication
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Good interpersonal skills and communication.
* Leadership and team experience. Ability to lift 50 lbs. Work flexible shift work hours and is on-call 24x7.
* Some project management experience helpful and will work with onsite supervisor as required.