Data / Business Intelligence Engineer
Vistaprint Corporate Solutions (VCS) provides exciting career opportunities in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment that is simplifying how companies distribute brand-consistent materials. As a start-up business unit of Cimpress, we continuously test ideas and make data-driven decisions to deliver a peerless ecommerce solution for our corporate customers. Our talented team of dedicated professionals is revolutionizing the custom print industry with our innovative ProShop platform - a custom branded storefront that empowers organizations to quickly and easily create, customize, and order any print or promotional product while maintaining brand control. Learn more about how you can contribute to our dynamic, growing company at VistaprintCorporate.com.
To support this rapid growth, we are hiring across the board.
As a Data / BI Engineer,you will work with Strategy, Analytics, Sales, Marketing and Technology, and have a unique opportunity to learn and impact our business across all these functional areas. You will become a Subject Matter Expert in VCS' data domain, leveraging a variety of analytical and technical skills in support of reporting, automation and analytics.
Our Business Intelligence and Analytics team is focused on enabling data-driven decisions for our business partners and improving the experience of our customers. To do this, we get to solve problems using analytics and reporting, predictive modeling, and data operation all at the scale of a successful ecommerce business. The successful candidate will own and maintain the VCS' data and partner with business owners and analysts across the organization to support their data-related requests in a timely manner.
Your role will involve
* Design data models and create the solution for Corporate Solutions data management
* Build, enhance, and maintain analytical data store and embedded analytics applications
* Normalize data from multiple data sources and build common tables for analytics use
* Provide the analytics team with clean data sets for predictive modeling and analysis
* Automate reporting and maintain data integrity
In return you will bring
* 2-3 years' experience in database (e.g. SQL server), data warehouse technology, data modeling, ETL and Business Intelligence design and development
* Proficiency in SQL and at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Java, etc) is a must
* Experience with developing end-to-end data pipelines in large cloud-compute infrastructure solutions such AWS or Azure is a plus
* Problem solving and multi-tasking ability in a fast-paced, globally distributed environment
* Working knowledge of a variety of data stores and data technologies (MySQL, Redshift, S3, Snowflake, HBase, Kafka, Spark) as a user and/or operationally. Experience with Salesforce.com (or other CRM databases) integration is a plus
* Basic understanding of analytics reporting tools, such as Tableau, Looker etc. is preferred
* Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with both business stakeholders and engineers
* Highly organized self-starter who can own projects and act with limited supervision
* Thrive in a get-it-done, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Technology or Engineering; Master's degree preferred
Nearest Major Market: Waltham
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston
Job Segment: Business Intelligence, Database, Engineer, Warehouse, Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, Manufacturing