LRS Consulting Services has been delivering the highest quality consultants to our clients since 1979. We've built a solid reputation for dealing with our clients and our consultants with honesty, integrity, and respect. We work hard every day to maintain that reputation, and we're very interested in candidates who can help us. If you're that candidate, this opportunity is made for you!
LRS Consulting Services is seeking a Data Architect for a direct hire opportunity with our client in downtown Chicago, IL!
* Recommend & participate in activities related to the design, development and maintenance of Enterprise Data Architecture strategies, processes, methodologies and models.
* Develop and deliver long-term strategic goals for data architecture vision and standards in collaboration with data users, business area leads and other key stakeholders.
* Assess the immediate and long-term data strategy goals of the organization and participate in managing the technology roadmap.
* Influence the data team to develop and implement high quality solutions that meet the Enterprise Data Architecture standards.
* Identify implementation risks of technology solutions and analyze impact on achieving desired business outcomes.
* Evolve and manage enterprise data models ensuring they are viewed, interpreted and used in a consistent and effective manner.
* Maintain definition and documentation of architectural standards, reference architectures, data flows, processes and operating models.
* Analyze current data architecture to identify pain points and opportunities for improvements.
* Partnering with internal business resources and technical teams to understand various data assets.
* Liaise with vendors and service providers to identify and select the products or services that best support enterprise data strategy
* Promote processes for governing the identification, collection, and use of corporate metadata; take steps to assure metadata accuracy and validity.
* Collaborate with data team and development team members to develop and maintain best practices policies/procedures for the technical implementations developed within the enterprise.
* Partner with security architects to ensure compliance with data security and privacy mandates.
* Ensure the success of enterprise-level application rollouts (e.g. ERP, CRM, etc.) and other digital transformation initiatives.
* Oversee the migration of data from legacy systems to new platforms.
* Identify and recommend new data solutions for research and participate in proof of concept initiatives to explore new data architecture strategies.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
* 8+ years relevant experience, with at least 5 years experience in Data, BI, or Information architecture
* 5+ years database development experience with Microsoft SQL Server with a strong understanding of database server architecture
* Hands-on experience with data warehousing, data modeling, data mapping, data profiling, data visualization, business intelligence, and business requirements gathering/analysis
* Experience with ETL (pref., SSIS), reporting (pref., SSRS), data modeling, and analytical tools
* Candidate must be able to effectively communicate in English (written & verbal)
* Candidates must have permanent authorization to work in the USA for any employer
* Corp to Corp candidates will not be considered
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.