Quality Assurance Analyst
QA Analyst will ensure all development tasks meet quality criteria through test planning, test execution, quality assurance and issue tracking. Focusing on automation along with manual testing when needed. Keep raising the bar and standards of all the quality processes with every project
* Works directly with scrum team, development, Business, Project manager and QA Manager
* Work on daily assignments, spot problem areas quickly and find ways to creatively solve the problem and escalate to QA manager.
* May gather and analyze data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements.
* Identifies differences between established standards and user applications. Suggests modifications to conform to standards.
* May gather and analyze data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements. Create and execute manual and automated test cases, covering system test cases and specifications from QA and Development.
* Write test scripts to be added to the testing library, using the identified testing tools. Contribute to Automation efforts.
* Cross Train on all applications (including load/performance testing).
* Investigates new releases or programs to understand key upgrade risks and develops appropriate testing artifacts
* Evaluates test artifacts to ensure compliance to IT processes (review and determine effectiveness, completeness, accuracy, when to escalate to management, etc.)
* Bachelor's Degree in MIS, Computer Science or equivalent work experience strongly preferred.
* Relevant technology certification is encouraged.
* 3 + years working in Quality Assurance
* Responsible for management of all Quality Assurance functions include planning, strategy, testing execution and tools.
* Works with the Project Manager and other technical leaders to establish time tables and agree on a Quality Assurance plan for the KFS implementation.
* Ensure that QA process is documented and communicated and adequate to ensure agreed quality levels for the application.
* Ensure traceability of test cases to requirements, working with the project Business Analyst to ensure all requirements are tested.
* Works with technical analysts to identify unit testing coverage and ensure any gaps are documented and addressed.
* Work with Test Engineers to ensure testing of functional areas is complete, tracked and on-schedule.
* Coordinates performance testing and ensures that performance standards are communicated and documented.
* Oversees determination of need, selection and implementation, and maintenance of QA tools.
* Oversees, point of escalation for the Jira (defect tracking) database for all testing phases (update, follow-up and escalate overdue issues).
* QA issue prioritization and resolution facilitation.
* 2+ years specializing in test automation and managing test automation tools.
* 2+ years of automation experience with Selenium or Ranorex (C#).
* Experience with automation frameworks (e.g. NUnit, XUnit).
* 2+Experience in testing Native apps on Mobile devices is a plus.
* Understanding of testing Methodologies, SDLC, test plan and testing lifecycle management.
* Work with business and QAleads to prepare the test data.
* Develop test cases and test scripts based on functional specifications and detailed requirements.
* Strong comprehension of all concepts and applications of quality assurance testing.
* Strong troubleshooting skills driven by a logical methodical approach.
* Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills and effectively collaborates with other team members and project stakeholders.
* Report defects in the test management tool and track resolution by technical team.
* Ability to estimate project deliverables and provide LOE's.
* Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and manage workload based on project deadlines and priorities.
* Provides accurate and timely status reporting.
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment or on an individual contributor basis.
* Analytical and critical thinker with strong problem solving skills.
* 2+ years of experience working with mainframe applications.
* Working experience in writing TACL macros.
* 2+ years of working experience in Travel domain is a plus
* Occasional travel may be required