3-6 Month Contract
Start Date ASAP
Intrapreneurship is defined as creating from within, starting something from nothing. And it is at the heart of the people at Rightpoint. We are a values-led intrapreneurial organization. We're driven by innovation, rooted in technology and relentlessly curious. We love the creativity involved in taking a blank screen and blinking cursor and making it something amazing. With intrapreneurship in our DNA, we're able to move quickly to build unique, innovative customer experiences that evolve the way our clients do business.
Are you someone who wants to create change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we're searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
Rightpoint is the largest independent customer experience agency with technology at our core, and 450 employees across 10 offices. We create seamless digital experiences driven by insight, strategy, technology and design -- and expanded mobile innovation and emerging technologies via Raizlabs. We serve more than 250 Fortune 1,000 companies with strategy, site design and development, content, CRM, commerce, BI and cloud infrastructure.
And the industry is taking notice:
* Crain's Chicago Fast Fifty of "Fastest Growing Companies," 2014 - 2017
* "Top 100 Workplaces in Chicago" by the Chicago Tribune, 2014-2017
* EY Entrepreneur of The Year® Award, Co-founders Ross Freedman & Brad Schneider: 2015 Midwest Dual Finalists
* One of the "Most Promising Companies in America" by Forbes in 2014
WATCH THIS to learn more about Rightpoint and our culture:
The Rightpoint SharePoint Architect will be responsible for building and maintaining configured and custom solutions on O365 and SharePoint, 2013, 2016, and 2019 on premises farms using the Microsoft "stack" (ASP.NET, Azure, React, C#, etc.. This individual collaborates extensively with other developers and architects, as well as experienced project managers, user experience specialists, visual designers, analysts, and client resources to build enterprise systems that improve collaboration, business productivity, and support business operations. The Architect will also be expected to own the detailed design and delivery of certain aspects of the solution and mentor junior teammates. It is important that candidates have a strong background in building beautiful, scalable, maintainable, high-quality, and high-performing web applications.
* Create elegant and performant server-side functionality using ASP.NET Web Forms, ASP.NET MVC, CSOM (SharePoint C# Object Model), and the SharePoint server-side API.
* Oversee unit and system testing, focused on features.
* Create, facilitate, and monitor results of acceptance testing procedures.
* Create and facilitate performance and load testing procedures and issue remediation.
* Transition projects to ongoing support/maintenance teams.
* Be able to perform custom deployments using PnP and/or PowerShell.
Required Skills and Abilities
* Have a strong working knowledge of Office 365 capabilities and customization models.
* Have at least two years of experience administering and monitoring Office 365 with tenant administration; SharePoint central administration experience a plus.
* Have expertise in efficiently operating within Visual Studio and VSTS/TFS/Azure DevOps.
* Have expertise in object-oriented development, architectural patterns, and software development best practices.
* Be able to collaborate with project team members and key client stakeholders to scope out projects. This includes facilitating work planning activities and technical envisioning activities that result in the execution of actionable and manageable phases of software development projects.
* Be able to facilitate requirements gathering and analysis activities such as storyboarding, use cases, and creating functional requirements specifications.
* Strong experience working with n-tier architectures (UI, Business Logic Layer, Data Access Layer) along with some experience with service-oriented architectures (SOA).
* Be able to assist with legacy on-premises solutions using WSPs, timer jobs, feature receivers, and full-trust code.
* Be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team-player and exhibit exceptional relationship management skills.
* Operate within the dynamics of a team; exercise proper etiquette and citizenship during "team development" sprints.
* Have passion for building high-quality systems with software implementation best practices and mentoring others on how to do the same.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all levels of the organization both internally and with clients.
* Knowledge of sound business practices and a proven track record of exceeding customer expectations and anticipating their needs.
* Willingness to travel to clients located throughout the Chicagoland area on a regular basis and a willingness for occasional travel to client sites located throughout the United States on an occasional basis.
Nice to Have
* Strong experience working with layered architectures (N-Layer, Onion/Hex, DDD, CQRS) and an appreciation for appropriate layering and application structure.
* Hands-on experience building scalable web applications, in particular high frequency and low latency web applications with optimal memory management, performance, and scalability as a key focus.
* Experience with Object Relational Modeling (ORM) with different tools such as Entity Framework (and/or nHibernate) and LINQ.
* Experience with Styling and Responsive Design techniques using technologies such as LESS, HTML5, Bootstrap, and SASS.
* Experience with native mobile application development on any platform.
* Experience with cloud ecosystems including Azure or AWS.
* Have prior consulting experience.
* Bachelor of Science in Business/Computer Science or related field.
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint:
* PTO + Paid Holidays
* Casual Dress (when in the office; when at a client site, we need to mirror their dress code)
* Flexible Work Schedule
* Great Health Coverage
* Medical - 3 plans to choose from!
* Life/AD&D/Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
* Flexible Spending (Dependent & Healthcare)
* Transportation/Parking Pre-Tax Benefits
* 401k with Company Matching
* Weekly Peapod Snack/Drink delivery
* Regular Happy Hours and social events including: Volunteering, Game Nights, Basketball, 5K runs, golf outings, team sports, etc.
* Catered Lunches Every Other Friday
* Open Office Environment
* Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
This is a full time, salaried position. For more information, visit www.rightpoint.com. Rightpoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
Rightpoint is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services that allows Rightpoint to verify the employment eligibility of our employees. Based on the information provided by you on your Form I-9, Rightpoint will input that information into E-Verify which will confirm your information in DHS and Social Security Administration (SSA) databases. Your continued employment with Rightpoint is contingent upon an "Employment Authorized" result for you from the E-Verify system
APPLICANTS MUST BE PERMANENTLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S.. WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME.