+ About DMDII
The Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute (DMDII) is where innovative manufacturers forge their futures. In partnership with UI Labs and the Department of Defense, DMDII provides factories with the digital tools and expertise they need to begin building every part better than the last. As a result, our more than 300 partners increase their productivity and win more business.
+ Position Overview
The Cybersecurity Program Manager will be responsible for the execution of DMDIIs Cyber programs plan and pilot projects. The Program Manager will help shape and deliver valuable outcomes through DMDII projects designed to improve the cybersecurity posture of the industrial base. This position will work with a diverse set of industry, government, and academic stakeholders to help launch and lead the newly announced National Center for Cybersecurity in Manufacturing at DMDII.
The ideal candidate can execute on projects by being highly organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated, but is also looking to utilize their expertise, network, and passion to align government and private efforts to advance manufacturing cybersecurity.
The Program Manager will leverage DMDIIs existing assets (including a supportive consortium of industry partners and technology providers, and a unique manufacturing lab floor environment capable of supporting cybersecurity use cases) to help establish a leading cybersecurity center.
A strong understanding of the risks, network costs and integration issues that may arise during the development, deployment, and integration of manufacturing assets, software, and data systems is required. Equally important is an understanding of, and an ability to communicate with important stakeholders in the cybersecurity ecosystem.
+ Key Responsibilities
* Lead execution and help shape successful cyber projects by using established agile/project management methodologies, tools, and templates
* Facilitate the seamless delivery of all cybersecurity pilots and projects
* Coordinate the efforts of project teams (DMDII members, manufacturers, project leads, cybersecurity specialists) guiding pilots toward successful project completion
* Create and maintain project plans, project schedules, status reports, performance metrics and targets, action item logs; drive corrective action in response to performance and escalate when needed
* Collect lessons learned and detailed feature requests from pilot project outcomes and ensure they are appropriately prioritized in the respective cyber tool development backlog.
* Facilitate both internal and customer facing meetings; submit meeting minutes and track action items from ideation to completion
* Ensure quality project standards are met as prescribed by the security team through the effective implementation or use of approved processes, methodologies and deliverables
* Understand how and when to escalate project issues or concerns
+ Position Requirements
* Bachelors Degree in computer science, project management or a related discipline; or equivalent work experience
* ITIL Foundation, Certified Scrum Master and/or PMP certification preferred
* 5+ years of experience managing infrastructure and security projects, preferably as part of a professional services organization, and with MS Office Suite
* Demonstrated knowledge and experience in IT Security, Cybersecurity or GRC environments is preferred; experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus
* Experience managing projects with personal accountability for delivering on time and within budget for large, complex projects varying from 3 to 18 months in duration
* Experience forecasting project costs and approving contractor invoices for assigned projects
* Willing to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced office with standard business hours
* Detail-oriented, possess strong organization skills and able to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
* Able to demonstrate the analytical and problem-solving skills needed to manage multiple factors on a project simultaneously
* Experience leading cross-functional teams (internal and external), ideally geographically dispersed virtual teams
* Familiarity with IT methodologies, processes and standards for project management as well as security regulatory compliance assessments: NIST, ISO 27001, PCI, etc.
* Ability to travel occasionally to meet with project teams, members, vendors, etc.
* Self-motivated with a strong interest in working autonomously; willing and able to take initiative
+ How to Apply
Please apply online at