Req #: 17603_4
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Category: Consulting
The Cybersecurity Manager will be responsible for supporting planning, supervising staff, and executing cybersecurity projects. The Cybersecurity Manager will serve as a project or team lead to ensure high-quality delivery. This position will perform work, as well as oversee the technical work of some junior level personnel. This position will work directly with other project leads, managers, and/or executives to communicate business and technical aspects of the work being performed. The Cybersecurity Manager will set performance expectations for junior level personnel and provide constructive performance feedback on a regular basis. This person may also assist the engagement economics of the projects, including budget status tracking, billing, and collection analysis.
The Cybersecurity Manager will perform the following responsibilities:
* Conduct and lead Cybersecurity Projects, including:
* Cybersecurity Strategic Advisory
* Information Security and Risk Management Consulting
* IT Risk Assessment
* Cybersecurity Assessments
* Penetration Testing
* Choose based on industry: FFIEC Cybersecurity Assessments, HIPAA Assessments, etc.
* Cloud Security Reviews
* IT Security Technology Implementations
* Prepare reports or other necessary documentation to detail results of evaluation and otherwise meet the objectives of the Project.
* Submit recommendations to client for corrective action or to support a recommend approach to solving the client's needs.
* Participate in planning and implementing of client information systems, including structure, process, and security.
* Participate in strategic and tactical objectives to include new product offerings, identify additional client needs, and generating new business leads.
* Correspond with a variety of clients and communicate security issues, recommendations, and deliverables effectively.
* Evaluate and/or implement cybersecurity solutions and controls to ensure data security and integrity for our clients.
* Generate ideas for new cybersecurity solutions aligned with our clients evolving needs
Your Journey at Crowe Starts Here:
At Crowe, you have the opportunity to deliver innovative solutions to today's complex business issues. Crowe's accounting, consulting, and technology personnel are widely recognized for their in-depth expertise and understanding of sophisticated process frameworks and enabling technologies, along with their commitment to delivering measurable results that help clients build business value. Our focus on emerging technology solutions along with our commitment to internal career growth and exceptional client value has resulted in a firm that is routinely recognized as a "Best Place to Work." We are 75 years strong and still growing. Come grow with us!
* Bachelor's degree required, candidates must possess significant analytical skills, which likely evolved from early academic training in Cybersecurity, Information Systems, Computer Science, or similar discipline.
* Minimum 5 years of business experience in the areas of Information Security.
* Certified Information Systems Security Professionals (CISSP) or willingness to obtain
* Experience within consulting or professional services, or at leading industry public companies is preferred.
* Prior experience supervising junior level resources in the areas of Information Security.
* This position requires national travel of 60% or higher.
* Knowledge of internetworking technology.
* System and network administration experience on UNIX, Linux, and Microsoft Windows.
* Knowledge of security areas such as Auditing, Policy, Database Security, Firewall Design and Implementation, Risk Analysis, Identity Management, Access Management, or Web Services is very desirable.
* Strong writing and interpersonal communication skills.
* The ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
Additional Skills Desired:
* CISSP, OSCP, or other relevant information security or cybersecurity certifications
* Network Security Practices: Auditing, planning, design, implementation, testing, and management
* Microsoft Windows, Red Hat Linux, IBM AIX, and other UNIX/Linux variants
* Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy
* Network architecture and protocols: TCP, UPD, IP, HTTP(S), DNS, NetBIOS, SMB, SSH, IPSec, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, TLS, and others
* Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, IBM DB2, and others
* Penetration Testing tools : Burp, Nmap, Metasploit, Empire, Cobalt Strike, and others
* Intrusion Detection, Intrusion Prevention, Security Information and Event Management solutions
* Cryptographic tools, suites, and algorithms
ABOUT THE TEAM:
Risk Consulting is organized by both industry specializations (financial services, healthcare, public sector, GRC Technologies Integration and emerging industries) and solutions (anti-money laundering, regulatory and compliance, internal audit, cybersecurity, emerging global solutions, GRC Technologies and third party risk). Risk Consulting provides governance, risk and compliance expertise to keep clients advised of emerging trends, industry benchmarks and best practices.
At Crowe, we strongly endorse an open door policy. Our partners are approachable and accessible across the entire organization. Our team-based culture encourages partners to be in touch with our professionals and active on client projects. The partners of our company lead by example and maintain a strong two-way channel of communication with their teams. We strive to create an environment that is relaxed, fun, dynamic and fulfilling. Our team-based culture has not only resulted in successful projects, but in long lasting friendships as well. Overall, our people find their career choices to be highly rewarding and fulfilling.
HOW YOU CAN GROW:
We will nurture your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. You will have the chance to meet on a consistent basis with your Career Coach that will guide you in your career goals and dreams.
Crowe (www.crowe.com) is one of the largest public accounting, consulting and technology firms in the United States. Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world. The network consists of more than 200 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 130 countries around the world.
Visit Crowe.com and find out what it's like to work at one of the "50 Best Workplaces for New College Graduates." Crowe ranked seventh on this Fortune list, in addition to being named one of Fortune's "Top 100 Best Companies to Work For" and among Fortune's "20 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services". In these surveys, Crowe personnel attribute the following policies to making Crowe a great place to work:
Innovation: Each year, Crowe invests about two percent of firm revenue in new product development funding to develop ideas brought forward by its people. Building upon a foundation of deep industry specialization, Crowe professionals follow a detailed innovation road map to create original, practical solutions that help address their clients' biggest challenges. This process allows them to see their ideas through from start to finish.
Mobility strategy: Rolled out more than two years ago, this strategy defied the norm of the professional services industry. It allows Crowe personnel to work where they're most productive - whether that be the office, their home or elsewhere - and wear jeans while they're in the office. This policy continues to receive great reviews on annual internal employee engagement surveys.
Benefits: The firm promotes healthy living through its internal well-being portal, which allows Crowe individuals to complete wellness activities - such as exercise challenges, healthy eating, doctor visits and mindful lifestyle changes - for gift cards and health insurance premium reductions. Additionally, on top of its healthcare and retirement programs, Crowe recently expanded its paid time off policies for military leave and all new parents.
Community service: Recently acknowledged in the Fortune Best Workplaces for Giving Back list, the firm places a high priority on community service. In honor of the firm's 75th year, Crowe personnel are working toward a combined goal of 75,000 hours of volunteering, which they're well on their way to achieving. In addition, Crowe has policies in place to align its charitable contributions with the volunteer efforts of its people.