Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
The Sponsor provides technical Cl guidance on use of various technologies; enhances the Cl posture and usability/applicability; provides critical Cl guidance on infrastructure, networks and supply chain issues; conducts systems testing and evaluation, and delivers technical support to investigations and insider threat issues. TCD leverages technology, combined with subject matter expertise, to conduct these activities in support of the-as well as Intelligence Community partners and stakeholders.
Technical Director's Staff is seeking expertise to assist with Cl investigative efforts, conduct network traffic analysis, support Cl focused network architecture reviews, and assess data pertaining to network intrusions and/or cyber related attacks on Agency equities. Also responsible for analyzing of data on Operational Technologies to minimize risks.
The Cyber Security Analyst will serve as a representative of the Sponsor's Technical Director (TD) Staff. In this capacity, the Cyber Security Analyst will analyze, investigate and provide in-depth synopses of Sponsor and various external customer projects and technical initiatives from all disciplines, leveraging the TD and TD Staff to the fullest extent possible. Additional activities include evaluating technical security and risk assessments, drafting reports and memorandums for senior officers; attending customer meetings, and participating in all Sponsor activities related to the assignment. The Cyber Security Analyst will also be responsible for drafting Department level reports to inform the Sponsor organization on how Information Technologies actually work, and the intrinsic vulnerabilities in these Information Technologies; these products will be written for a non-technical audience. In addition, the resource will be expected to:
* Support internal Sponsor & External customer activities/projects by providing guidance to ensure the projects comply with Sponsor's parent organization's Cl policies and regulations while fulfilling the parent organization's operational needs
* Provide insight into latest threats and countermeasures
* Collaborate with developers of Operational Technologies in acquiring data on systems and importing relevant data into commercial and Sponsor proprietary databases, enabling analyses.
* Work with Sponsor's existing IT resources to automate data ingestion to maximum extent possible.
* Draft and formally present analytical products that will inform Sponsor decisions on Operational Technologies. (Deliverable shall include written products consisting of tables and graphics as necessary to support the conclusions and/or recommendations to reduce risk, and Risk ratings that help readers give appropriate weight to the identified & articulated risks.
* Review procurement processes of hardware, software and services to comply with operational needs
* Provide recommendations for end-to-end technical analysis
* Data identification, reduction, and analysis to detect suspicious data types, Sponsor tools, modified software and/or other malicious content.
* Data extraction from various data sources including files, directories, unallocated space, raw images, custom databases (e.g. include parsing of data types necessary to extract metadata and content of forensic value).
* Data analysis (e.g. forensic and investigative) of raw and extracted data to include processing and interpretation of volatile memory captures and captured images of various electronic devices.
* System internals level processing to detect and report on significant kernel events such as root kits and kernel level Sponsor tools and communications.
* Red teaming (e.g. forensic IV&V to enhance Sponsor capabilities through extensive knowledge gained through the detection and analysis of known content.
* Induction, cataloging, and disposition of evidence.
* Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
Position has an ADDITIONAL SECURITY REVIEW PROCESS Requirement
* TS/SCI with poly clearance required
* Cl Experience is required.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience. Minimum of 6 years work experience.
* Five+ years of network/cyber security experience in a secure environment.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience.
* Demonstrated understanding of Sponsor's Operational Technologies.
* Demonstrated experience in Certification and Accreditation (C&A), risk assessment methodologies, information security Responsibilities for Management, Internet Security, Portable Electronic Devices vulnerabilities, threat analysis concerns, and other general user information security awareness.
* Demonstrated experience with commercial databases.
* Demonstrated experience conducting research and producing professional writings.
* Demonstrated experience analyzing complex datasets.
* Demonstrated experience drafting analytical products.
* Demonstrated experience providing Executive-level briefings.
* Knowledge of encryption products, methodologies, con figuration.
* Knowledge of Network Packet Capture Appliances/ Applications, such as Netwitness, Solera, Probe, Wireshark, Snort
* Knowledge of Network Vulnerability Scanner, Web Scanner, and Database Scanner, such as Nessus, Weblnspect, AppDetective.
* Demonstrated experience creating and analyzing policy, and analyzing systems and applications for the Sponsor or Sponsor's partners.
* Demonstrated experience verifying/validating customer requirements, analyzing processes and job tasks, and developing process improvements.
* Demonstrated on-the-job experience with programming skills with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, Bash, etc. is preferred.
* Demonstrated on-the-job experience with databases such as Postgres, MySQL, SQLite is preferred
* Demonstrated on-the-job experience with malware analysis and reverse engineering is highly desired
* Graduate Degree in Information Technology, Information Security, Cyber Security, or related field.
* Demonstrated experience communicating technical issues and vulnerabilities in simple terms to Executive Leadership at all levels as a technical writer.