Job ID 00000121024 Date posted 06/19/2019 Location Irving, Texas Company Aviall Services, Inc.
Performs incident response activities across broad technology profiles or multiple systems. Interrogates industry sources and evaluates incident indicators. Determines nature, mechanisms, scope and location of the incident. Collects and preserves evidence, identifies intrusion or incident path and method. Performs event correlation and malware analysis. Isolates, blocks or removes threat access. Drafts incident/investigation reports and makes recommendation for future process enhancements.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Aviall, an integrated subsidiary of Boeing, is looking for a Cyber Security Incident Response Specialist 3 in our Irving, TX location:
* Performs incident response activities across broad technology profiles or multiple systems.
* Interrogates industry sources and evaluates incident indicators.
* Determines nature, mechanisms, scope and location of the incident.
* Collects and preserves evidence, identifies intrusion or incident path and method.
* Performs event correlation and malware analysis. Isolates, blocks or removes threat access.
* Drafts incident/investigation reports and makes recommendation for future process enhancements
* Knowledgeable of how the business and organization operates; knowledgeable of policies, practices, trends, and information affecting the business and organization; understands the competition and the marketplace.
* Understands how to accomplish tasks through formal channels and informal network; understands the cultures of organizations. A
* Applies this information in a way that contributes to the organization's strategic plan and bottom line.
* Possesses ability and willingness to learn from experience, and then applies that learning to perform successfully under new situations
* Demonstrates broad organizational awareness by accurately perceiving organizational, political, and social dynamics and trends.
* The ability to achieve desired outcomes on projects, on-time and within budget.
* Ability to define the project, design and plan the project, and manage the project team. Ability to control and deliver project deliverables, project accounting and appraisal, and optimize the contribution of the people involved.
* Skill and ability to: collect, organize, synthesize, and analyze data; summarize findings; develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources.
* Knowledge of verification, validation, certification and qualification processes and procedures, including knowledge of governing regulations and compliance requirements. Ability to assess and document test or analysis data to show compliance.
* Knowledge of cyber security incident response protocols (e.g., identification, impact assessment, containment, remediation, evidence handling, technical reporting, etc.) and safeguarding information.
* Knowledge of emerging computing and information technology areas to manage advanced research computing technology proposals, projects and resources.
* Knowledge of investigative techniques (e.g., pathology, witness statements, photography, site layout, observation).
* The ability to quickly and accurately process multiple types of technical and security information and/or perform multiple tasks simultaneously. Simultaneously performs multiple tasks and activities accurately and quickly; divides attention over multiple IT tasks, activities and sources of information. Coordinates tasks and activities to increase efficiency and reduce duplication of effort.
* Knowledge of network communication concepts, principles and architectures, associated with network planning, design, integration and maintenance. End-to-end knowledge of network transport technologies, systems, environments, services, protocols, performance monitoring and diagnostic analysis.
* Knowledge of system security domains (e.g., information assurance, anti-tamper, intrusion detection, software protection, software assurance, communications security, encryption and key management, network security, reverse engineering, countermeasures, certification and accreditation, special security endorsement) and industry and government guidance and regulations [e.g., Common Criteria, DoD Information Technology Security Certification and Accreditation Process (DITSCAP), National Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (NIACAP), Director Central Intelligence Directive DCID 6/3] which engineers apply to produce secure systems.
* Knowledge of malware analysis and response processes during detection and prevention tool mapping and rule-set creating.
* Tripwire experience in understanding malicious versus false positive activity inside of systems of high risk and risk management.
* Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience, 9 years' related work experience, etc.).
* 4 - 6 years related experience.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.