The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The Cyber Security Specialist will partner with the security team, program, and government customers to perform as an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) and Associate Manager for Special Programs located at the LM Waterton facility in Littleton, CO.
In this role you will:
* Oversee day-to-day information system security operations including hardware and software implementations.
* Carry out technical administration of IS in accordance with internal LM and customer security requirements, primarily Risk Management Framework (RMF).
* Auditing of the IS.
* Upkeep, monitor, analyze, and respond to network and security events.
* Document compliance actions within the approved automated compliance tracking system or develop a plan of actions and milestones (POA&M) with the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) to address non-compliance in the allotted time frame.
* Ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with internal security policies and practices outlined in the security plan.
* Ensure configuration management (CM) for security-relevant IS software, hardware, and firmware is maintained and documented in accordance with baseline.
* Ensure all information system security-related documentation is current and accessible to properly authorized individuals.
* Ensure records are maintained for workstations, software, servers, routers, firewalls, network switches, telephony equipment, etc. throughout the information system's life cycle.
* Evaluate proposed changes or additions to the information system, and advise the ISSM of their security relevance.
* Assist and conduct security IS education.
* Participate in internal/external security audits/inspections; performs risk assessments.
* Inform ISSM on technical IS security matters.
* Assist in conduct of investigations of computer security violations and incidents, reporting as necessary to both the Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO) and Program Managers.
* Ensure proper protection and / or corrective measures have been taken when an incident or vulnerability has been discovered.
* Communicate, implement and manage a formal Information Security / Information Systems Security Program together with ISSM and CPSO.
* Implement and enforce Information Security Policies and Procedures together with ISSM and CPSO.
* Review and oversee RMF Package authorizations together with ISSM and CPSO.
* Lead and Manage a team of ISSOs in the security maintenance and upkeep of a large WAN.
A Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility and a current CI Polygraph is required for the position.
To promote the sharing of ideas, we at Lockheed Martin champion an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking.
You have opportunities to play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
* Paid time off
* Work/life balance
* Career development
* Mentorship opportunities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Lockheed Martin. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, ag
* Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility and a current CI Polygraph
* IS auditing experience
* Knowledgeable of operating system security requirements
* Hands on experience with industry standard Information Assurance tools
* Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills (written and oral)
* Have and maintain a DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification